Thirty-two

A C E

"Ivy, wait."

She turned around, her eyes meeting mine with confusion swirling in them. I let out a frustrated sigh before walking towards her.

"What are you—" she was cut off by my lips on hers. I held her face in between my hands when her lips started moving in sync with my own. I ran my tongue across her lips, asking her for access which she gave. The moment parted her lips, I pushed my tongue inside her mouth, exploring every corner as she wrapped her arms around my neck, grabbing my hair. I pulled away when we were both breathless. As soon as she took in a deep breath, I kissed her again.

"Ace, you're he—" I immediately pulled away at the familiar voice of my mom who stood in front of the opened door.

I should've closed it. Fuck!

Her eyes flickered from me to Ivy who looked flushed. I could see the wheels turning in her head. Seconds later, her eyes widened and she let out a gasp. Ivy bit her lip and looked down, embarassed.

"Ace, Ivy..." she breathed out, "is—" she paused, taking a deep breath, "—is there something going on between you two?"

"Yes," I instantly replied, holding Ivy's hand in mine which didn't only shock my mom but her too. She looked up at me, shock clear on her face. I squeezed her hand, silently telling her to play along.

"And how long has this been doing on?" Mom's voice was shaking, probably from guilt.

"A month." I replied. I've known Ivy for three months.

"And you couldn't have told us this earlier?" She questioned, "does she know about what has been planned for you?"

"Nope."

"What has been planned?" Ivy asked, curiosity filled in her voice.

"Nothing for you to be worried about, honey." Mom reassured with a soft smile in her direction, "how about we go now? Your guests have been waiting."

"Mom, I'd appreciate if you keep this thing between us." I said to which she nodded, "I won't tell anyone. Ivy? You may go, we'll be there in a while. I need to have a talk with Ace."

Ivy nodded, "okay." She then left me and my mom alone. As soon as Ivy let, mom look at me with a heartbroken look on her face, "Ace, I am so sorry..."

"It's fine," I waved it off, "I'm gonna get rid of that Jane bitch."

"I'll help you." She said with a determined tone, "I want Ivy as my daughter-in-law, anyway."

I wish.

"I'm glad you approve." I said with a small smile as she pulled me in for a hug, "I love you, Ace."

"I love you too, mom." I muttered, hugging her back, "now, how about we go and have fun at my party? My guests must be so fucking angry right now."

"Oh you have no idea," she chuckled, "some of them even left. Impatient idiots. I'll have to tell your father about it though."

"What? Why?"

"You know how angry he'll be if he finds out you've been keeping this from him?" She was right. Dad was gonna be pissed. "I will talk to him after the party, okay? Just trust me."

"Fine."

**

I V Y

"Hey, Ivy...about what happened earlier, I can expl—" I cut Mason off by placing a hand on his shoulder, "I know."

"You do?"

I nodded, "yeah. Cole and Asher told me about it. You don't need to explain anything."

"Just so you know, Isabella will never be a mistake." Mason clarified, "we love each other. I know, at first she loved Kade but that was in the past. I didn't steal his girlfriend. She just chose me over him."

Well technically, he did.

"You don't have to explain anything to me." I said, patting his shoulder, "let's just enjoy the party."

He smiled, nodding, "okay. Just, stay away from Kade."

"No can do, big brother." I replied instantly, shaking my head, "just because you've got a problem with him, doesn't mean I do too."

He rolled his eyes, "fine. Ace's here." He nodded towards the stair where Ace was coming down in his black suit, the first two buttons were unbuttoned and his sleeves were rolled up.

I heard someone whistle beside me and only then did I realize that the three boys were standing next to me.

"I told him to wear that." Asher said to Kade who hummed in response, "and he just agreed?"

"Nah," Asher chuckled, "Ivy convinced him."

"Sweet." Kade let out a chuckle alongside Asher before they both flashed me a knowing smirk. Asher was standing next to Cole who was beside me. On Asher's left, there was Kade.

Kade glanced at me then at my brother leaning in and whispered, "just so you know, I don't have a problem that you're Mr Steal your girl's sister. You and I are still friends."

I smiled in response which he returned.

"Damn, he looks hot." Cole threw a hand around my shoulder which was something he seemed to be doing a lot.

"Cole, are you gay?" The questioned slipped my mouth before I could stop it.

"Sì," he laughed, a look of amusement in his eyes, "what gave it away?"

"I noticed a few things." I replied with a shrug.  

He grinned widely before side-hugging me, "I'm glad you're not judging. You know, most people did, except Ace, his parents and my brothers, when I told them about it since everyone's straight in my family. I had to remind them which century we were in."

"Don't pay attention to them."