Fifty-three

A C E

I was standing a few feet away from Mateo's mansion's gate. My men were all beside me, leaning on their black SUVs as we waited for a signal. We were going to put an end to that motherfucker for good. I wanted him dead.

His mansion was not that big—definitely not bigger than mine and yes, I definitely am bragging right now. In front of the big entrance, there was a path made up of cobblestone which led straight to the door to his house. There was a big yard, filled with flowers here and there, surrounding the house. Mateo had a pool in the backyard. His house was surrounded by trees, it made me feel as if I was standing in front of those haunted houses. It even had fire lit on the cobblestone path towards the door and it was dark. It truly felt haunted.

Or at least It was going to be.

Mateo was stupid for thinking that he could just kill my father, severely injure my mother, put my girlfriend's life in danger and get away with it. He shouldn't have messed with me and he was going to regret it.

There was a party going on in that mansion of his. We watched as guests began to arrive, one by one, each wearing fancy outfits, coming in their expensive cars.

Mateo's guards would be up but distracted, as usual. There were around two hundred guests to arrive in his party and he had to attend to them so he was going to be preoccupied. The reason for this party was to gain new investors and partners for his business. My men and I saw this party as an opportunity to take him down.

One of my men, Alberto was inside, posing as one of the guests. We already two men on the inside who helped him get in successfully without being questioned.

I glanced at the fifty men who were waiting with me. Some were leaning against their cars, some were ensuring that their guns were loaded while some were twirling their weapons, knives, in their hands. We were out for blood. Another fifty of my men were waiting at the back of the house with Mason, also waiting for the signal to break in through the back door. We had the blueprints of Mateo's house so we knew every details.

"No innocents should be harmed," I reminded, receiving a nods from all of them, "not even by mistake." They nodded again. "As soon as the alarm goes off, people will start rushing out and that's when we will rush in without wasting a second." I received a chorus of 'yes boss' around me. I had my hands in my pockets as I waited for Alberto to give us the signal.

We waited for another five minutes, no more guests were coming. I glanced at the time on my watch which was fixed on my wrist. It was exactly seven in the evening. We've been standing in front of his mansion for exactly fifteen minutes now.

"This place is crawling with people," Alberto's voice rang in my ears through the earpiece, "I'm going to turn on the fire alarm."

"Honestly, I doubt they'd take the bait," I clicked my tongue, "I think you might have to start a real fire—a small one."

"Yeah, I thought so too. I've watched movies, Mateo's gonna tell his guests to calm down and they will unless they see the real thing," Alberto said, "I'm gonna set a curtain on fire just to make the guests panic and run."

"Good, do it."

"On it, boss." He replied and stopped speaking after that. A minute later, I heard the fire alarm going off and people screaming.

My eyes automatically flickered to my men who were watching me expectantly. "Is everything ready?" I received nods from everyone and a smirk found it's way onto my face, "then we're going in."

───────•••───────

✨ Happy new year ✨

Honestly, it's exciting. I cannot wait to see what this year holds for me. Anyway, I'm hoping to finish this story within next week since I want to concentrate more on my other stories. I'm seriously lacking motivation right now and it sucks.

Hope your 2022 goes well <3