Thirty-seven

I V Y

"What is this place? What are we doing here?" I questioned, my eyes flickering from tree to tree as I walked on the soft grass. I glanced behind me and saw Ace's car parked not far from us.

Ace held my hand making me look up at him. He shrugged, chuckling, "honestly? I don't know. But, come on." He led me further in the forest until a large house came into view. In front of the house, there was a huge lake. I glanced at Ace, "you own this?"

"This whole land was actually my grandfather's then it became my father's and now it's mine. I, however, recently had a house built on here. It was empty and dirty since neither my dad nor my grandfather knew what to do with it." He explained, taking out a key from his pocket before opening the door, revealing the stunning interior of the house.

There was a large stair in the middle, leading upstairs. A few steps away from the doorstep, there was a grand living room and the kitchen was only a few metres away. There was around ten rooms upstairs.

"I come here when I want to be alone." He spoke as we walked further into the house, "which is very often."

"Why do you want to be alone?" I asked out of curiosity. His steps faltered making mine too since he was holding me hand. He turned around and stared at me, "I like to be alone—at least, I used to."

"Used?" I repeated.

"Yeah," He squeezed my hand in his grip as if signalling me something. My heart fluttered when I realized what he meant. "I fucking love your company."

I chuckled at his words. However, my chuckling died down when Ace lowered his head a little and placed his lips on mine. I wasted no time in kissing him back. No later than five seconds, my back was pressed against the wall and he deepened the kiss.

"Must you be so fucking intoxicating?" He mumbled before connecting his lips with mine again. One of his hand was on the side of my neck while the other one was on the wall, steadying him. My hands were tangled in his hairs as our tongues fought for dominance which he gradually won. His tongue played with mine softly before he parted away breathlessly. He pecked my lips one last time before pushing himself away from me.

Clearing his throat, he looked at my flustered self, "let's watch a movie."

"Okay," I nodded, "which movie?"

"You choose." He raised his head, staring at the rooms upstairs which made me look up at well. "The room's upstairs, third on the left. I'll go get ice cream from the kitchen."

Nodding my head, I walked upstairs. I pushed open the door he asked me to, revealing a large bedroom. The curtains were closed making the room appear dark. Without bothering to open them, I grabbed the remote from the bedside table and switched on the TV which was fixed on the wall in front of the bed. After settling down on the left side on the comfortable bed, I went on Netflix and chose a movie.

Smirking at my choice, I waited for him to come back. Around a minute later, Ace entered the room and closed the door behind him. He had two boxes of ice cream in his hands and held two spoons in between his fingers.

He sat down beside me before looking at me, his blue eyes twinkling with excitement as he asked, "vanilla or chocolate?"

"Both."

"That's my girl!" He grinned, handing me a spoon and my own box. "So, what movie are we watching?" He then turned his head towards the TV, his eyes widening when he saw the movie on pause. "No."

"Yes."

"No," He shook his head, "fuck, no. I'm not watching fifty shades of Grey with you."

"Why not? Afraid you're gonna get turned on?"

"Turned on?" He repeated before scoffing, "I can't be turned on by these two." He then muttered which was barely audible, "maybe with three hundred and sixty five days."

"So we'll watch that." I stated making him snap his head in my direction with a smirk on his face, "you want to turn me on? Just lick your fucking lips."

My eyes widened at his words. Fortunately it was dark otherwise that dude would've seen my red as fuck face. I heard him chuckling, "but yeah let's watch it." He took the remote from my and played 365 days as we ate our ice cream.

Every now and then he'd steal glances at me which I'd avoid.

"How's it going with getting rid of the fiancee?" I questioned, remembering Jane, the woman he was supposed to marry.

"I dunno." He mumbled, his mouth full of ice cream, "I haven't seen her ever since my birthday party."

He then placed his box on the bedside table before pausing the movie making me furrow my brows and frown. My frown deepened when he grab my box as well and placed it next to his. However, before I could question him, he hovered over me before capturing my lips in his.