Fifty

I looked down at Rose's unconscious pale body lying on the hospital bed with several tubes connected to her body, keeping her alive. I didn't know whether she could hear me or not but Ace said that the doctors think it was possible that she could be.

"What if she never wakes up?" Ace asked from beside me, his grip tightening on my hand. "What if she stays alive but like this? Is that even possible?"

"She'll wake up." I squeezed his hand, "just give her time."

"I am." He muttered, "what am I going to tell her when she asks for dad? God, she'll be so heartbroken."

"You don't have to tell her straight away. Give it a few days." I suggested, knowing that if Rose was to hear the news of her husband's death the moment she'd wake up, she would most likely fall into shock.

"Yeah," Ace pursed his lips into a thin line, "I think that's what I'm gonna do."

Just then, the door to Rose's room flew open, revealing Kade, Asher and Cole. I furrowed my brows at their appearances. They were all wearing shirts and shorts, holding their bags over their shoulders—except Asher who was wearing a formal suit with his sleeves rolled up and his hair nicely done, like always.

"Hey, what's up?" Cole asked, grinning at me. I was glad that he was doing better ever since the funeral. I noticed that he also had some dark circles under his eyes just like Ace and the other three boys.

"What are you guys doing here dressing up like that?" I asked, gesturing to their outfits. Cole handed it back at Kade who reluctantly held it as Cole made his way towards me. He engulfed me in a hug which I returned, "I missed you! It's been too long!"

"Stop being dramatic." Ace mumbled making Cole break the hug to shoot him a glare. "Shut up, you're just jealous because she loves me more than you, fuckwit."

"Anyway," Kade cleared his throat, "to answer your question, we are here to come with you two at the be—" Kade was cut off by Asher who nudged him in the ribs, "Shut it."

"Right, sorry." Kade scratched the back of his neck, "so, yeah, we wouldn't want you to be there alone since Ace isn't going to be with you and all that."

"We are going to keep you company." Cole exclaimed, "isn't that nice? Just the three of us with no Ace to annoy the crap outta us!" Both Kade and Asher let out a laugh while I simply smiled.

"Very funny," Ace said sarcastically before throwing an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to him thus putting a safe amount of distance between me and Cole who rolled his eyes at Ace's actions but said nothing.

"When are we leaving?" Asher asked, his brows furrowed expectantly. Ace shrugged in response, "Ivy wanted to visit my mom. We were on our way there. I guess we'll get going now?"

"Yeah, okay. We received a text from Ace telling us to meet you guys here." Cole spoke up, "we didn't know that you were going to be away for a while, you know? So, when Ace told us this twenty minutes ago—" he shot Ace a disapproving look, "I suggested that we join you."

"That's very thoughtful of you." I stated making Cole grin, "Thoughtful is my middle name, darling."

"I can't listen to this anymore." Ace muttered grumpily before grabbing my hand, "we should get going."

"Yep." Kade said with a nod as he handed Cole back his bag, "we'll be right behind you, following you in my car."

"Alright," Ace walked away with me following him behind. We left the hospital and got into his car then he drove away. When I told my parents that I was going to stay with Ace for a few days, they surprisingly took the whole thing well. They said that I was an adult and I could do whatever I want as long as long as I kept them informed in case anything bad happens.

"Are you going to tell me where we are going or not?" I asked even though I pretty much already figured out where he was taking me. Rose mentioned of owning a huge beach house. It was somewhere far and safe. She told me that Ace, Vincenzo and herself would go there when Ace was a child.

"Don't play dumb and act like you haven't already guessed, love." Ace said with a chuckle which a smile broke onto my face. "It's going to be fun. You just have to forget that you're in danger or anything. Think of it as a vacation."