1

Y/N's POV:
The train of freedom, leading from the North to the South. The only way to get away from this terror is led by this train and I'm sitting in it.

Words can't describe how I'm feeling right now, passing through the border. Growing up in North Korea was a horrifying experience and even though It's the country I was born in and my family is still in there, I knew I had to do this for myself and take this opportunity to escape at least for this one year.

My name is Mae Y/N and I'm a teacher from North Korea. I specialize in communication and languages. I can speak in total about 10 languages including English, Korean, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish, French, Russian, German, Italian and Thai.

However, they wouldn't let me out of the country If there wasn't a proper reason to it. Albeit, North Korea wants to be the best in all the things, we are still living almost like a century ago. To prevent someone from being better then us, our dear leader sends someone every year to countries from around the world to watch and take notes on what's important to do better.

I'm not only a teacher, I'm also a sciensist, specializing on languages, bilingual families and diverse fonts. That's why I was selected, because luckily, I'm one of the best in this area.

No, I didn't grow up in a wealthy family, but my family was always in the middle. I used to go to Pyeong-yang to visit my father who was working there and during the stay and roaming around the company he worked in, I got interested in how the employees were able to speak so many different languages, something they don't really teach us in school.

After finding out that the best people in each areas have the chance to go out of the country, I began to work really hard and it worked out.

I was selected to watch how far is South Korean educational system compared to the North Korean.

•••

Now, I'm finally in Seoul. The capital city of South Korea. Tears are brimming in my eyes, tears of happiness, but I hold them in, because I promised myself to be happy this year. This one year needs to make my life better. 

I took a taxi and now I'm on my way to the dorms of the Seoul National University. Since I came here just as a teacher which is not the highest ranked job, they  negotiated that I can live at the dorm which is still enough to be grateful.

Arriving at the dorms, everyone was friendly to me, something that I've never experienced.

"Please go after me. You don't have to worry, everything is super safe and clean in here. Students are wild sometimes, but we gave you a room which is situated near the staff rooms. The kitchen is opened only when It's breakfast, dinner and also lunch, since our school is connected to the dorms, but you can always buy and eat something in the canteen. Showers and toilets are opened 24/7, we're deeply sorry that we couldn't give you a room with bathroom in it." Ophelia the receptionist said.

"Oh, It's okay, I'm grateful for being here." I assured her as she gave me an apologetic smile.

"This is your room, you can use the TV and Wi-Fi anytime you want. I hope you'll like and enjoy living here." I nodded as she went away.

"Wow, this is perfect." I thought to myself as I looked around the room, everything was modern and comfortable.

After unpacking my things, I took a shower and went to sleep for a while.

•••

I woke up at 5 pm and started with a preparation for tomorrow. I've got some materials to go through since education here can be a lot different.

Working for more then two hours it was almost half past 7 and I was exhausted. I stretched myself and realized that the dinner is still available, so I quickly changed into some random black jeans and a white sweater. I put on my shoes and locked my room before going to the canteen.

Entering the canteen everyone was chatting with each other and the room was overall pretty loud which made me less anxious

I took the tray with my food and since I had no idea where to sit, I just sat at a random free table.

Although, the food probably wasn't a gastronomical miracle, it was still a hundred times better plus there was an actual amount of food that a person needs. In the North we would get this amount for a few days, maybe even weeks.

I sighed as I dug in, enjoying the warmth and taste of a normal food.

You would probably say that If I lived in the middle class then I had to taste a normal food and live like a normal person, but that's far away from reality. It's honestly a big misconception, cause the only thing we got better compared to the poorest people is a little higher salary, more "freedom" and a little bit more of food and a bit better house. That's it.

However, the food was a whole different level from this.

As I was eating with my eyes closed, absorbing the smell and taste of the food, my thoughts got interrupted when someone knocked on the table.

I looked up, seeing a guy with a black hair, his whole arm tattooed, piercings on his face...let's say he didn't look very friendly at first.

"Excuse me, this is our table." The guy said as I looked around and saw 6 other guys around him.

I gasped as I panicked. I stood up and began apologizing.

"I'm sorry, I'm truly sorry. I didn't know t-this table was taken. I-I'm gonna go, please, don't be mad at me. I'm deeply sorry." I said bowing constantly as they looked at me with shocked faces.

"Hey, It's fine. It's just that we usually sit here." He explained as I nodded and looked down.

"Oh, once again I'm sorry. I-I'm gonna go-"
"It's fine. You can stay!" Someone from behind said.

To be continued...