(07) The Monster

"That's two people who have managed to sneak up on me

"That's two people who have managed to sneak up on me. I wouldn't have imagined that one of them would be you." Loki said as he turned to face him.

Marcus cockily stated as he approached the cell, "I can be quiet when I need to be."

"If you didn't have that mouth, you would make a fine addition to my army." Loki stated in a way that sounded like he was propositioning him.

"Yeah, no." Marcus shook his head, "I was trapped in Hydra , I have no interest in taking orders again." He admitted to Loki who was intrigued by this statement.

Loki held a thinking expression as he walked up to the glass, "Interesting, a Midgardian who has seen such horrors and yet retain such a youthful vigour. How lonely you must be." he said smirking.

The mercenary chuckles, "I'm not lonely, I have a few friends - Nick, Bruce, Steve. A guy with cool metal claws who can't be introduced yet because of Disney and Fox but all in good time." He says pridefully.

Loki ignores the ending part, "So you have what four friends!?" Loki laughs loudly at Marcus admission.

The mercenary approaches the glass until there is only a plane of glass separating him and Loki, "How many friends have you got that you didn't hypnotise, Mr Would be King?" He says back doing a little pout of his lips to rub in the nickname.

Infuriated the trickster bangs on the glass however Marcus still doesn't move, "I AM A KING, YOU DEGENERATE SCOUNDREL AND YOU SHALL TREAT ME LIKE ONE!" Loki shouts.

"Ooh I've struck a nerve there," Marcus says with a teasing smile and tone, "That must really get under your skin, never being good enough to trump your brother." He says with a grin.

"When I get out of here, I will make sure the Chitauri tear you limb from limb." Loki threatens.

Marcus sarcastically claps at Loki, "Great I'll just grow them back with my super duper healing factor, man are you out of the loop on all things Deadpool."

"Well I will take great pleasure in killing you in numerous ways just for my own amusement." Loki snarls at Marcus.

"Ooo I'm so scared!" Marcus says sarcastically, "I could kill you and not even blink an eye." he says coldly.

Loki approaches the glass, "Well at least there's one monster with control on board." he says mockingly.

"So that's your plan? Bruce." Marcus says as backs away from the glass with a smirk of delight on his face.

Loki realises his error as his face drops in disbelief, "What?" He says not quite believing he's been outsmarted.

"Well it's been a pleasure talking with you, your Highness." The mercenary mockingly bows to Loki, "But I've got a friend to help."

Marcus goes to walk out of the room but instead smashes his head into the door, "Aghh" he holds his nose in pain and goes to open the door, "It's locked...FUCK!!!" he shouts annoyed.

He looks through the glass and sees Agent Hill walking by. Marcus starts banging on the door "HILL! HILL!" he shouts hoping to get her attention.

Maria notices the commotion and sees Marcus waving gleefully on the other side of where Loki is being held. She quickly proceeds to the door and unlocks it allowing it to open.

Marcus then comes out of the room, "Hill if I could die you'd be a lifesaver." he said dramatically.

Maria was looking less than impressed, "Rapp, what the hell are you doing? You don't have clearance to go in there!" She scolds him.

"Yeah, no time to explain but Loki wants Bruce to go green!" The mercenary explains shaking her shoulders.

"What!?" She asks shocked realising how much trouble everyone on the Helicarrier could be in.

"Yeah I snuck in after Natasha to try and get it out of him." Marcus admits clearly showing no signs of regret.

"I'll radio Director Fury then." Hill begins to walk off but suddenly turns back to Marcus, "I'd never have thought your annoying personality would have ever be of any use." Hill offers as a backhanded compliment.

"Awwwwww Hill, you are too sweet." Marcus sniffles fake tears, "It's bringing a tear to my eye." he says dramatically.

"I'm already regretting saying anything now get yourself down to the lab." Hill orders as she walks off.

Marcus heads back to his room first to get his suit, preparing himself for what is inevitably about to come.

_____________________________