(020) Close It

The five male Avengers looked up at the portal waiting and hoping, they were all gathered on the street together now with Natasha up on top of Stark Tower

Within seconds, the Chitauri soldiers and Leviathans all collapsed to the ground meaning that they had done it, they'd won but now it was a waiting game for Marcus to come back through.

They could hear the explosion from the portal and despite not wanting to Steve reluctantly said to Natasha, "Close it," he could barely say it with any volume.

Natasha also figuring it was the best decision but also reluctant did as Steve ordered and penetrated the crown of the wormhole generator with the thick blue beam of light shooting up towards the portal and causing it to close within a few seconds.

There was just one problem. There was no Marcus. The rest of the team looked up to see nothing come out.

"No." Steve muttered so quietly that it was almost inaudible.

Tony put his hands to his head, "Fuck!" He yelled letting out a sob, letting the tears fall down his face. Sad he's never gonna get to know his son and angry at himself for how he acted towards Eryn when she told him about their son and choosing his reputation over his own flesh and blood and how he could never tell Marcus about how sorry he is.

Thor and Clint looked down at the floor regretfully whilst Hulk angrily grabbed a taxi cab and threw it across the street.

Natasha meanwhile felt a prang of guilt hit her chest hard. 'Maybe if I waited a few more seconds' she thought to herself as she felt a single tear roll down her cheek.

Despite the grief the others felt, there was still one more loose end to tie up - Loki.

Thor flew Steve up and Tony took Clint whilst Hulk using his large muscles just leaped up there.

They all met Natasha on the balcony before entering to see a bloodied and badly beaten Loki just coming around.

Natasha whistled as she held his Sceptre, "Shit, Rapp really did fuck you up."

Loki looked around and couldn't see any Chitauri outside and he couldn't hear anymore destruction taking place.

Those factors combined with the fact that the six Avengers were in the same room as him.

'Wait! Where's the mercenary?" Loki thought to himself, he looked at the expressions on some of the faces on the room with him and pieced together and let out a small chuckle.

"The foul mouth Stark is not here, where is he?" Loki teased knowing it would provoke a reaction.

"Our friend is most likely dead because of you." Steve quietly yet angrily said to Loki.

Loki let a very small smile show on his face, "Well I can take some comfort in that." his small triumph was admittedly short lived as Clint fired an arrow through the God of Mischief's shoulder.

"Any chance I could get that drink now." he said as he winced in pain from the arrow lodged deep into his shoulder.

"WAY AHEAD OF YOU!"

________________________________