(022) I Forgive You Dad

Thor grabs Loki off of the ground and puts him in a fireman's carry presumably wanting to take him back to Asgard

Tony turned to Marcus and pulled him to the corner of the room, "Look I'm sorry for sending you and your mother away when you were just a baby. I wish I could go back in time and put my ego aside and raised you, given you the childhood you deserved and not the one you had. I know now that it was my fault that you were sold to hydra because if I had taken you in when I was given the chance, your mother would have never sold you. I'm angry at the thought that she would even sell you to Hydra. I'm hoping you will forgive me by getting the chance for me to get to know you. Come live with me in the tower.... Please." He said with a hopeful look with tears running down his face.

Marcus was silent for a few minutes before looking up at tony with unshed tears in his eyes, "yeah no shit.... But wow that was a really compelling speech." he said mockingly but then turned serious, "but sure I'll live with you but..... I will be calling the shots." He said with a pointed look.

Tony pulled his son in a hug feeling the happiest he has been in a long time. When they pulled away Tony had a big smile on his face.

Marcus looked at his dad smiling "you know I don't forgive you for what you did but in time I know I will." He said in a quit voice but Tony still heard him.

Tony nodded still with a smile on his face and turned to the rest of the Avengers, "Have you guys ever tried Shawarma?" Tony asks to the rest of the boys changing the topic as they exit the room leaving just Marcus and Natasha.

Marcus saw that Natasha had a smug look on her face, "I'll admit Rapp, I was wrong about you. You really managed to come through when we needed it." She said.

Marcus smiled genuinely at her but his expression soon dropped, "Not sure it was worth it though." he said sadly.

Natasha also had a mournful expression on her expression, "I know we lost a lot but it could've been so much worse."

The mercenary turned to Natasha his mouth wide open, "What do you mean it could've been worse!? I'm fucking pissed that I lost my swords."

Natasha shook her head the Marcus she knew was back, "You're unbelievable." she softly said.

"I know." he said proudly, "I'm also really hoping that the rest of me was destroyed in that explosion, I'd really hate to think that there's some aliens using my headless body as a sex toy." Marcus does a full body shudder, "Creepy."

Natasha smiled again unintentionally but Marcus caught it, "Made you smile again!" He pointed at her face before clapping his hands together, "Now if you'll excuse me, there is a feast of dead Chitauri soldiers outside and you know saving the world really builds up an appetite." The mercenary put his mask back on then ran out of the balcony and swan dived off the edge of it.

Natasha watched as he dove off, "Weirdo." She said chuckling.
_______________________________

Nick Fury and Maria Hill were talking on the bridge of the Helicarrier whilst looking out over the sky, their battle scars still evident on their faces.Hill had something on her mind as she stood next to the S.H.I.E.L.D Director. "Sir, how's it going to work now, in a few days most of them will be going their separate ways. Some really far away. If a situation like this arises again what happens then?"

Fury looked back slightly at Hill before confidently reassuring her, "They'll come back."

Hill was surprised at the almost instantaneous response if her Boss' answer, "You sure about that?" She skeptically says.

Yet again Fury answers with the same confidence, "I am"

Hill still wants to dig just a little deeper "Why?"

"Because we'll need them to"Fury's words linger in the air for a few seconds with Hill really taking them in fully.

She seems satisfied as she produces a small almost nonexistent smile before walking back to do her job whilst Fury continues to look on at the cloudy sky.

"They'll be back" He says quietly to himself.

______________________________

The Avengers were all going to go their separate ways however Marcus was going to move and live with his in Washington NYC for a while.

Marcus meanwhile sat atop of Stark Tower watching the orange sky bleed over the horizon that was New York City.

The mercenary then felt a buzzing in his pocket and took out his phone to see a text from his Tony and rolled his eyes at the contact name that he put himself as.

IRON-DAD
STOP PUTTING BODY PARTS IN THE FRIDGE!

Marcus then jumped up and used his super speed around the tower, fully prepared to tackle the next part of his journey.

THE END

__________________________________