(015) So Far Not Dead

"I'm going to help Stark with the Chitauri on the edge of the city

"I'm going to help Stark with the Chitauri on the edge of the city." Thor stated as he flew out the building, holding Mjolnir out in front of him.

Marcus tapped Hulk on the shoulder who turned to him, "I just want to say I let you throw me so there's no hard feelings." he said with his hand on his chest.

Hulk grunted in response before jumping through the previously undamaged ceiling, Marcus shook his head, "Who'd have thought Hulk cared so deeply about the construction employment sector." he said.

The comm went off in his ear and Natasha's voice was on the other, "Guys none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we can't get that portal closed."

The mercenary jumped through the hole that Hulk had made then perched on the roof of the building and looked up at the portal to see more Chitauri soldiers coming out.

Whilst Marcus was preoccupied with admiring the portal, he was still killing several of the Chitauri who had come to attack him without even trying.

"If you wanna get up, you're gonna need a lift." Steve replied as he threw his shield at three soldiers knocking them all over.

Marcus had a lightbulb moment and replied over the Comms, "That I can provide." he then used his super speed and ran his way to Natasha, decapitating a couple of soldiers with his sword during the short journey.

Marcus landed by Natasha when a small horde of about twenty soldiers made their way towards them, Natasha was ready to fire her pistols at them however Marcus jumped about twelve feet in the air and took two long blades from behind his back then swiped all of the soldiers in half like they were nothing.

Marcus clapped his hands and jogged his way back to Natasha, "Alright then that was enjoyable." he said happily.

Natasha rolled her eyes, "Only you would be having fun during a time like this." she said annoyed at him.

Marcus did a small thinking gesture, "Hmm I don't know the thought of you being wrapped around my body just to take you up there." He pointed to the top of Stark tower, "is much more enjoyable to me." he finishes.

"Seriously Rapp, the fate of the world is at stake and you're choosing NOW to flirt with me!" She yelled holding a piercing glare at the black and red suited mercenary.

"There's always a good time to flirt." Marcus said with a smug grin that Natasha couldn't see.

"Can you take me up there then!?" She asked clearly annoyed as she pointed up to Stark Tower.

"Oh Yeah, hop on." Marcus invited as Natasha climbed on his back and wrapped her legs around his front, "The exits are to the side and from behind!" Marcus loudly stated.

Natasha growled, "JUST GET ME UP THERE!" She ordered, Marcus was a little bit scared of Natasha in the moment started sprinting and when he got to Stark Tower he jumped and clung to the side of the large building.

"You good?" The mercenary asked as he quickly started scaling the building.

"So far not dead." Natasha loudly had to reply given all the commotion going on in that very moment.

It took him a few moments to get up to where the source of the portal creation was, she hopped off Marcus's back and they saw a horrified looking Erik Selvig trembling at what he had helped to create.

__________________________________