(09) Your Life

Marcus got to his feet first, "Oh shit, I'm normally so much faster

Marcus got to his feet first, "Oh shit, I'm normally so much faster." He looked over to Natasha to see she had some large heavy pipes on her legs trapping her to the ground.

The mercenary quickly removed the pipes, "Are you alright?" He asked the S.H.I.E.L.D agent as he picked her up putting one hand on her back and the other in hers to get her on her feet.

"Yeah I'm fine." She looked to see, they were both holding onto each other still.

"Sorry..." They both said quickly pulling their hands away with Marcus going over to Bruce.

"Bruce you alright man?" Marcus questioned as he tried to pick up a straining Bruce who just pushed him away.

"Oh shit, this is worse than finding out that Willy Wonka is actually a paedophile." Marcus said to himself with wide eyes.

Natasha's comm went off, "Agent Romanoff?" Fury's voice was on the the side.

"We're ok, me, Rapp and Banner are ok." she looked over to Banner and Marcus to see that Bruce was struggling to contain himself.

"We're ok right?" She asks hoping that somehow Bruce can stop himself from hulking out.

"Not exactly..." Marcus replied as he walked over to Romanoff, "Come on, I'm getting you out of here." he said.

Natasha looked fearfully over to Banner who was becoming more unstable by the second and was panting and grunting in pain.

"Doctor Banner, you have to fight it. This is exactly what Loki wants." She was panicking slightly at Bruce's current state, "I swear on my life, you'll walk away from all this, you'll never-" but she gets cut off.

"YOUR LIFE!" Bruce yelled with Hulk's voice coming through as well, he was going greener and greener.

Banner then used whatever he subconsciously could to scramble away from Marcus and Natasha as he began to fully Hulk out.

Marcus pulled Natasha's shoulder, "We have got to go! NOW!" he yelled catching her attention.

"I need you to hold onto me." The mercenary said as he opened his arms inviting her in.

"You're not flirting with me now, are you?" She worriedly questioned him.

"Do you want to wait and find out?" He raised his eyebrows, at this point Bruce roared a bit louder so she wrapped her arms around Marcus torso as he put his right arm around her waist.

"Hold on tight." He extended his left arm and pulled himself and Natasha back into the lab.

She let go of Marcus as she looked at him, "Come on, we have to go and help the others."

Marcus looked at her blankly, "No." he stated bluntly.

"What do you mean No!?" She angrily asked.

"If Hulk is down there by himself a whole lotta people are gonna get hurt, so I'll give him a hard on for something else." Marcus explained as he got his mask out of one of his pouches.

Natasha smiled internally at what he was going to do, "That's crazy though." she stated looking at him.

"You clearly haven't met me Natasha." The mercenary chuckled shaking his head.

Natasha smiled nervously which Marcus Instantly noticed, "Did I just make you smile!?....... WHOOO! I can get the shit kicked out of me and still chalk up today as a win." Marcus turned away to jump back down however before he could Natasha grabbed his wrist which made him turn to face her.

"Stay safe." she said barely above a whisper.

The Hulk then roared extremely loudly indicating Bruce had gone fully green, "I'm Deadpool, I'm never stay safe." Marcus put on his mask and jumped back down to where the Hulk would be.

"Deadpool?" Natasha said to herself but was interrupted by her comm going off, "This is Agent Romanoff."

"Romanoff, what's your status?" Fury asked despite sounding preoccupied with shooting someone or something.

"I'm back in the lab and I'm fine. Rapp has gone down to distract Hulk." Natasha informs the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Oh shit." Fury then sounded worried, "Romanoff, Barton's headed for the detention level, get there now." he said to his best agent.

There was little feeling of nervousness in Natasha's chest realising she was going to have to fight her closest friend.

__________________________________