(016) Old School

"Director Fury, the council has made a decision

"Director Fury, the council has made a decision." A councilwoman somewhat regretfully informed.

Fury was having none of it though, "I recognise the Council has made but given its a stupid ass decision, I've elected to ignore it." He snarled at the Members on the screen.

A councilman tries to convince Fury to go along and accept their decision, "Director, you're closer than any of our subs, you scramble that jet..."

Fury was getting more pissed off and was still having none of it, "That is the island of Manhattan, Councilman. Until I'm certain my team can't hold it, I will not order a nuclear strike against a civilian population." He angrily shot back widening his eye.

The same councilman tries again to convince Fury, "If we don't hold them in the air, we lose everything." He desperately pleads.

Fury was still adamant that the Council are making an awful decision, "I send that bird out, we already have." Fury sadly says as he cuts off transmission from the council unwilling to put up with any more if their bullshit.

__________________________________

Meanwhile back in Manhattan, Dr Selvig had informed Natasha and Marcus that Loki's Sceptre might be able to shut down the portal.

The pair looked over the edge to see Loki inside Stark Tower's top floor holding the Sceptre in his hand.

The mercenary made the executive decision to jump down and get the Sceptre himself whilst Natasha dealt with some of the soldiers that were flying overhead.

Marcus went in to confront him and said in a pleasant tone, "Hello sir, it appears you and your army have overstayed your welcome unfortunately the penalty for this offence is a very severe ass whopping provides by a Mr Uhhhhh Marcus Uhhh Rapp, fuck that's a mouthful." Beneath his mask there is a look of mock realisation matched by his tone, "Wait! That's me! I'm here to kick your ass!"

Loki turned to look at The mercenary and smirked whilst tightly gripping his Sceptre, "Ahh you're finally here to confront me." he said.

"Uhh yeah, that's literally what I just said, but thanks for confirmation, I want to make sure my customers are getting what they want." Marcus said as he looked straight at Loki.

"There is no one that can stop me, not you, not your friends. This world will fall before me and all of you shall kneel before your king." Loki stated as he threw his arms out wide.

Marcus chuckled, "That was quite short for a villain monologue don't you think?" Marcus questioned.

"I thought an Asgardian would be using big fancy words that no one really knows what they mean. So disappointing." Marcus shook his heads sadly looking down at the floor with him doing a fake sniffling sound.

"You are the MOST irritating creature in ALL OF THE NINE REALMS!!!" Loki screamed at Deadpool.

"What can I say I'm the asshole of the team. I'm dirty, I'm deep and all the shit comes right out of me." Loki huffs in an 'obvious' tone in response before Marcus adds, "Now I really need your sceptre." he points to the long spear.

Loki then flaunted it in front of Deadpool, "This! Well you wanted to beat me, please I invite you to try." Loki thinks to back to when they first encountered each other in Stuttgart, "Don't think it'll be do easy this time." he softly said however the lack of volume made it more menacing somehow.

Marcus did a short whistle, "Ooooh you've really got a desire to walk over hot coals in hell."

Loki didn't respond with words but instead shot a beam of blue energy at Marcus who rolled out of the way destroying another part of the Tower, "You're so lucky Stark is a billionaire." Marcus stated before he then sprinted at Loki and drop kicked him straight in the chest sending the trickster off of his feet sliding across the floor about twenty feet away from Marcus.

Deadpool got to his feet as did Loki at the same time, for a few seconds that had a mini Mexican Standoff.

"This town ain't big enough for the both of us." The mercenary threatened in a strong Texan accent before he switched back to his usual accent.

"Let's go old school shall we" Marcus says.

The mercenary grabs his swords then doing a few fancy spins around his arms with them whilst Loki grips his Sceptre tighter, the pair get ready to duel.

___________________________________