Chapter 3

"Do you think things will get better from here?" I looked at him, I wanted to lie to him, but I don't know if I could. "I wish I knew buddy, I have no clue what's gonna happen," I hug him and lay down with him. "I just hope that you stay safe and everything will sort itself out." He hugs me back and closes his eyes and snuggles into me. I turn to the lamp and turn it off then snuggle with Tubbo.

"Please let everything be okay..."

.

.

.

Y/n's POV

I woke up to see Tubbo clinging onto me, still sleeping. I carefully move him so I can get up and he doesn't wake up. I quietly maneuver around his room and leave as quietly as I can. I walk out to the living room, rubbing my eyes, looking at the couch. Except, I don't see Eret. I look around to find the couch folded back up, the blankets folded, and the pillows on top. I see a tiny sip of paper on top of the pillow. I picked it up to read,

Hey Y/n thank you for letting me and Nikki stay with you and Tubbo. I saw you and Tubbo still sleeping so I went ahead and fixed everything up and got Nikki. We went back to our homes. Again, thank you for letting me and Nikki stay with you guys .                                                                                                                                                                -Eret

I smile then put the note on the counter as I continue walking to the cupboard to grab a glass. I walk to the faucet and turn it on with the water under it. I turn the faucet off and go to sit on the couch. Before I could sit down, I spotted another piece of paper under the crack of my door. I set my glass down on the coffee table and walk over to the door. I pick up the note and read the envelope. It was from Shlatt. I tear open the envelope to see a note written by Shlatt.

'Dear Miss. Y/n and Mr. Tubbo,

I would personally like to ask you two to be my right hand men, or man and woman. I would like you both to meet me in my office when you both are ready. I would like to talk to you both about your position for working for me. I will give you a brief description of what you will be doing. Mr. Tubbo, you will be coming with me almost everywhere along with Mr. Quakity as well. Miss. Y/n, you will be running errands and going to meetings with me and make sure everything is in order. I wish to see you both soon and I bid you a good day.

-JShlatt'

I read the note again before I drop it and lean against the door. I slowly scoot down the door and put my head in my hands. I have no clue what we are going to do. We can't just work for him, not after what happened toWilbur and Tommy. I know who he is, but he has changed so much from when I last saw him. I hear steps coming from Tubbo's room and I look up. I see Tubbo with messy hair and rubbing his eyes. I get up from the floor and walk over to him. I pulled out the note that Shlatt gave me. Tubbo notices it.

"What's that?" He tilted his head, I sigh. It's not like I can hide this from this. He did ask for both of us. "Well, Tubbo. Shlatt wanted to offer us a position to work beside him as he is now the president. He asked for both of us to meet him in his new office once we were ready." Tubbo's eyes shot open in surprise. It looked like he was speechless. "We could deny his offer if you are comfortable with it." He shook his head at me. I was confused, I thought he wouldn't want to take the offer.

"We can take the offer, if it can keep us safe then lets take it." He looked at me with a spark of determination in his eyes. I giggle a little bit and pull him into a hug. "What did I ever do to deserve you." He hugs me back and laughs with me. "I could say the same about you big sis." We stand there for a couple more minutes before I pull off of him. "We have to get ready to go, so that means change and brush that nest you call hair." I ruffle his bed head and we both laugh as he walks off. A couple minutes later we are both changed and walking to Shlatt's office. Once we arrive, we see Quackity standing at the front door. "Took you guys long enough, I've been standing here for about 3 hours waiting for you two." He starts walking into the building, us following not too far behind him. "Good to see you're still the same Q. Kind of. " He laughs at my comment while we walk. We got to the door of Shlatt's office and Q turned to us. "Good luck in there, I'll see you two later." Me and Tubbo nod at him while he walks away. I look down at Tubbo. "Are you ready to go in bud?" He doesn't look up at me and just nods. I take a breath and knock on the door 3 times. "COME IN!" Me and Tubbo hesitate to open the door, but we eventually open the door. We walk in to see Shlatt have his feet on his desk looking through what I presumed to be some documents. He looks at both of us and smirks at the both of us. "Ah, so you guys did want to take my offer. Welcome to the office." He stands up from his chair and walks around his desk to greet us. He waved his hand for us to go further in the room and we complied.

"Let's just get to the point. Both of you are keeping your old jobs." Me and Tubbo look at each other in shock. We look back at Shlatt, still smiling. "Tubbo, we haven't really talked, I'm Shlatt as you know." He holds out his hand for Tubbo to shake. Tubbo hesitantly took Shlatt's hand in his own. "It's good to meet you sir." Tubbo let go of Shlatt's and got closer to me. "What specifically are you wanting us to do?" I shield Tubbo a bit so he could feel secure. "Tubbo will be my right hand man, will do everything I say and won't question my motives."

"What about me? You said I could still work with him." Shlatt turns his head to me with the smile still plastered on his face. "Yes, Y/n you will be running errands and going into meetings with me that Tubbo won't attend." I just stare him down. I look at my brother for an answer. He just nods his head and then we both look at Shlatt. "Fine, we agree as long as we both stay safe." Shlatt just nods his head and waves me and Tubbo away. "You two can go now, you both start in the morning." We walk out of the building, both of us letting out a breath we didn't know we were holding.

"You go home bud and get some rest for this evening, we've had a long day. I'm gonna stay out longer and get some resources for home." Tubbo just looks at me and nods his head. He looked so tired. "I'll see you back at home Y/n." I start walking into the woods to find some wool, yellow, black, and light blue dye, and some string. I walk around looking for some sheep and I suddenly hear a twig snap. I quickly look around to see who it was while taking out my sword.

"Who is out there! Show yourself now." I could hear the person running through the trees trying not to get spotted. I quickly pull out my bow and aim 2 arrows towards where the person was about to run. I shoot the arrows and I hear a male grunting and something hitting a tree. I run over there and get out my sword again. "I'll ask this again, who are you and what are you doing here." I point my sword at the person. They seemed to be wearing a red cape with a fur lining. Along with a crown and other fancy monarchy clothing. He slowly started turning around.

"Don't even think of reaching for a weapon. Now tell me who you are and why you have come to L'man-, I mean Manburg." I heard him sigh and get up from the floor. Holy shit, he is TALL. He turns around to face me directly, or tried without looking down. He had blood red eyes behind the glasses he wears. He seemed to have the features of a piglin and a human.

"Wilbur sent me here to retrieve you for some information." He spoke in such a low monotone voice. It was intimidating, but also somehow soothing. I just kept admiring his features. Out of the corner of my eye I see his hand quickly grab a sword that was being hidden in his cape. I shove him against a nearby tree with my sword to his throat. "Nah-ah-ah, You still didn't tell me your name and how do you know Wilbur." He sighed and put his arm in the air very lazily as a way to surrender, I think. "I'm a comrade of Wilbur from a long time ago." I roll my eyes and stare at him. "Dude, I've asked for your name like 3 times already. Just say your fucking name already." He just stares at me for a moment before finally answering.

"My name's Technoblade."