Chapter 16

"Just know I will find them at some point." He turned back around and walked away. George and Sapnap followed behind him. When they got out of sight I turned around and put a smile on my face. "I'm sorry everyone, but due to these circumstances the party has come to an end. Please exit safely and make sure no one is hurt as you walk to your homes." I walked away from in front of everyone and went to the back of the building. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I leaned against the wall and slid down it and just started crying. I needed to let it out somehow.

"Y/n?"

.

.

.

Techno's POV

What the hell was that!? I looked down at my feet and water just covered the ground. Y/n announced that everyone go home and then ran off. "Tubbo, you go home, I'll look for Y/n." He simply nodded at me as he slowly started to follow the crowd of people. Now to follow Y/n. I went to the back of the building, where I saw Y/n run off too, and I heard sobs coming from there. I look over to see Y/n on the floor sobbing their eyes out.

"Y/n?" Their head instantly shot up and they got up from the ground and started wiping their tears away. When they looked up at me they had put on a fake smile. I walk towards them and put a hand on their cheek. "You don't have to hide your feelings." They just stared up at me as tears started spilling from their eyes. They clung onto me as they started sobbing again and all I did was hold them as they cried.

"W-Why! Why is it s-so hard to be h-happy and free!" They clung even harder to my shirt. "We just wanted to be independent and happy! Why can't we just have that for once!" I pet their head and run my fingers through their hair. They really haven't had a happy life, they have had to put on a face everyday so their brother wouldn't worry for the longest time. I picked them up and started walking towards their house.

"I'll bring you to your house and I'll stay there for the festival tomorrow." The only response I got from them was a nod. They had stopped crying a few minutes after walking. I heard soft breathing and I looked at them and they had fallen asleep. I smiled to myself and continued to their house. After a few minutes we arrived at their house and I walked into their house to find Tubbo sitting on the couch.

"Are they okay?!" He worriedly got up and ran from the couch towards us. "Yeah, they are fine but they need rest." Tubbo nods and walks us to their room. "I'll be staying here for tonight due to me needing to stay here for tomorrow." He nodded at me and started to leave the room. "I need to talk to you after I put them to bed." He looked back at me knowing exactly what we were going to talk about. He left the room and I set Y/n down onto their bed. I move their h/c hair out of their face. Now I need to know what happened earlier today. I walked down to the living room and saw Tubbo setting up a fold-out couch as a makeshift bed for me.

"Tubbo, thank you. Now sit down with me." He didn't say anything but he sat down and brought his legs up to his chest. "Do you know why that happened?" He shook his head. "Did you know they could do that?" He shook his head again. He seemed very shaken up from all the events that happened tonight. I sat down on the bed in front of him. "Could you tell me anything about your mom?" He looked me in the eyes before just looking at the sheets again.

"No, she left a couple months after I was born. That's what Y/n told me, and I don't remember my father either." I sigh knowing Y/n didn't get this from their father. It seemed Y/n didn't know about this either. They didn't even seem to notice due to them practically screaming at Dream and his two flunkies. "Is this the first time this has ever happened?" Tubbo nodded his head, "I've never seen them that angry before." I pulled Tubbo into a hug, I felt like he needed one for everything he has gone through. I let go of him after a while and pat his head without stabbing my hand with his in-growing horn.

"You should head to bed, you have another long day ahead of you tomorrow." He nodded at me, got up and walked up the stairs to his room. He's had a rough life as well. I take off the vest and set it on the back of the fold-out couch. I grab a blanket and lay down looking at the ceiling.

What the hell is tomorrow going to bring...

(Sorry this is shorter but I will have another chapter up either later today or tomorrow and it will be angsty. Have a lovely rest of your day/night/afternoon/morning!)