Chapter 23

"It's time." I look away from Techno to see everyone else all geared up with armor and weapons. I take in a shaky breath before I sheath my sword. I walk to the exit and turn to face the group of people in front of me.

"It's all or nothing now, there is no turning back."

.

.

.

Schlatt's POV

It's been weeks since Y/n, Tubbo, Quackity, Fundy, the baker, and the king had left. It's no doubt they had been planning something against me but honestly I wouldn't be surprised. I'm a fuck up, no supprise there.

"Hello Mr. President." I look up from my desk to see 2 men. "What do you want Dream." He lifted his mask a little so his mouth would be shown. "Well, the people of Pogtopia, or as they call themselves, are planning on taking back Manburg." So I was right. I stare at him with a blank expression. "That doesn't explain why you are in my fucking office." I could see his smirk grow wider as Sapnap spoke up.

"We would like to help fight for your side, along with a few others." I leaned my head on my hand. Honestly, I couldn't care less what happened in this war. Win or Lose, I still haven't found them and even if I did why would they want to keep me alive? "Alright, I don't care. Now get out of my office and get ready." They both nodded and left. I sigh as I get up and grab a bottle of beer from under my desk.

1 Hour Later

Y/n's POV

I was on top of a hill while everyone else was below waiting for my signal. I see a group of people standing at the entrance of Manburg. What the hell? I turn around and give them the signal to sneak around while I make a diversion. I stand up and start walking towards the large group of people.

"Did everyone abandon you or do you just have a death wish?" I laugh at Dream's comment. I walk closer till I'm face to face with him. "Are you sure, it looks like you need a lot of people to help defeat me." His smirk only widened at my comment. I pulled out my bow, along with an arrow, as Dream unsheathed his sword.

"That's not smart Y/n." I smirk to myself then look at him as I drew the bow back with the arrow. "Tsk tsk tsk, Dream." I fully look up at him with a smile. "Watch what you say." When they all seemed confused, I jumped back and shot the arrow up in the air. I put away my bow and quickly drew my sword as everyone came running towards me. I only stood there with a smile on my face when suddenly someone pearld in front of me.

"Techno?!" I walk out from behind Techno with a big ass smirk on my face. I look at Techno who had the same shit eating smirk as me. "Nice seeing you again Dream, but I have work to do." He took his axe and pearled to another part of the group. "You're mine Dream." He held his sword up before running towards me. I blocked his attempt to hit me and he stumbled back. I ran towards him and I grazed his shoulder with my sword. His hoodie was now on fire as I stared at him trying to pat it out. "What the hell?!" I smirk as I walk towards him.

"Can't handle a little heat Dream?" He holds his shoulder as we continue to fight. The fight went on for about 2 hours before Manburg retreated. We all gathered up in our group to face Schlatt. We started walking towards his office when we heard something coming from the van, which had been damaged in the fight. We all walked towards the van to find Schlatt with a beer bottle in his hand and his suit was all messed up.

"Schlatt..." He was sitting on the floor against one of the last remaining chests. He takes another sip of his now empty beer bottle. Wilbur walked up to him and smacked the bottle out of his hand. "Are you drinking?!" Techno stood next to me along with Tubbo as I took shaky breaths. "I see nothing has changed." I look at Big Q, this is one of the first times I have never seen him smile. I look up to see Fundy and a couple others standing on top of the van. Schlatt must have seen them too.

"Fundy! Fundy, what are you doing here?!" Fundy jumped down from the roof of the van and looked at the ground. "You fucked up this country, you fucked up everything!" Fundy looked up with tears welling up in his eyes. "You had a dream and I followed it but you brought it down hill! You-you ruined it." He backed up to where his father stood. "You ruined everything we had." Wilbur put an arm around Fundy's shoulder and pulled him into a hug.

"Tommy, do you still have Dreams bow?" What was he talking about? I looked over to see that Tommy had pulled out a crossbow. I looked up at Techno who also seemed confused. "Tommy, I want you to put it in between his eyes." What...? Everything around me went silent. Everyone was still talking but I couldn't hear them. I see everyone's lips moving at once. I suddenly feel a large hand on my shoulder and I turn to see Techno and he pulls me into a tight hug.

"Does anybody smell toast?" That's all I heard before Schlatt fell to the ground. My body moved on its own to Schlatts side and out of Techno's arms. I caught Schlatt before he hit the ground and I set him down carefully. I heard confused whispers from a couple people.

"Schlatt, I need you to stay conscious and look at me, okay?" I just smell the alcohol radiate off of him. "Y/n what are you doing?" I didn't pay any mind to Tubbo's question. My eyes started watering up as I held Schlatt in my arms. His hand went up to my face and he started wiping my tears away. "You remind me so much of them. Same name and all hehe." He chucked to himself as I tried to smile back at him.

"You can put that together but you're still so stupid dad." I heard a couple of gasps and whispers from behind me. He just looked at me and smiled. "I guess I am stupid." We both laughed together as tears started rolling down his face as well. I look over my shoulder to motion Tubbo to come forward. He hesitated before he came over. Schlatt looked over at Tubbo and smiled.

"You've grown up so much Toby." Tubbo just stood there in disbelief as everyone else exited the van. He took both of our hands and held them tight. "I know I abandoned you both when you were young and I know that me coming back like this was horrible but I need you two to promise me something." I looked over at Tubbo as he was looking at me. I only nodded at him before I looked back at our father.

"I want you both to take care of each other. No matter what happens, okay?" I see Tubbo nod then I follow suit and nod. He smiles at the both of us before he lets go of our hands and I lean down and he kisses my forehead before his body goes limp. I broke down crying as Tubbo hugged me and our father. I tighten my grip onto his body.

He's gone...He's dead.