Chapter 17

"You should head to bed, you have another long day ahead of you tomorrow." He nodded at me, got up and walked up the stairs to his room. He's had a rough life as well. I take off the vest and set it on the back of the fold-out couch. I grab a blanket and lay down looking at the ceiling.

What the hell is tomorrow going to bring...

.

.

.

Techno's POV

I couldn't sleep that night, overthinking everything that might happen today. I got up at, like, 5:00 in the morning and started cooking some breakfast for everyone. About an hour later I heard footsteps, then I saw Y/n come out of their room rubbing their eyes. They stopped and looked at me, they seemed like they were still processing what was happening.

"Good morning." They walked over to the island and threw themself onto a stool. "Morning, and you didn't have to cook. I would have done it." They need to stop worrying about others so often and think of themself first. I shrugged and started sorting food into three plates.

"I couldn't sleep, plus you needed to rest and calm down from yesterday." They laid their head down on the island and nodded their head. "Speaking of yesterday, do you know why those three looked so scared?" They lifted their head and they looked very confused. "No I don't, did something happen while I was yelling at them?" They really don't know what they did. I guess they didn't know what their mother was either. I handed them a plate and they quietly said thank you as they started eating.

"Are you ready for today?" They immediately shook their head and I laughed at it. "Well I hate to burst your bubble, you have to get ready as well as Tubbo." They begrudgingly ate the rest of their food and got up. "Don't go upstairs, I'll wake Tubbo up, you get ready." They nodded their head and headed to their room. I walked upstairs into Tubbos' room and started shaking him.

"Wake up, you have to get ready for today." He rolled over and opened one eye and he turned over again. I sighed as I put his food on his night stand. "I came with a peace offering if you'll get up. It's food." He immediately shot up and started getting ready. Wow he moves fast. I walked out of the room to let him change and walked back down to my satchel and pulled out extra clothes.

"The bathroom is across Tubbos' room upstairs." I looked over to where Y/n was. They were ready and all I did was nod at them as I walked upstairs and went into the bathroom. I changed into my usual outfit and threw my cape over my shoulders and walked out. I saw Y/n going over what I assumed to be the plan for today. "Okay, is everyone ready to go?" Tubbo and I nodded at them as they started walking towards the front door.

"Techno, you'll be sitting with everyone else while Tubbo gives his speech and I'll be standing next to Big Q and Schlatt." I nodded at them as they turned to Tubbo. He seemed nervous, he was fidgeting with his hands. Y/n stopped him and made him look up at them. "Don't be nervous, you've worked really hard on this. You'll do great." They gave him a big smile, he seemed to calm down a bit after that and hugged Y/n. They hugged him back for a few minutes. They pulled away and turned around.

"We best get going before Schlatt gets pissed." We started walking again in silence. When we arrived at the podium area, all three of us stopped as Y/n turned to look at me and Tubbo. "Alright Tubbo you come with me and Techno why don't you socialize for a bit?" I raised an eyebrow at them. Really, they think I want to socialize with people here? They groaned, I think they knew what I was thinking.