Chapter 24

"I want you both to take care of each other. No matter what happens, okay?" I see Tubbo nod then I follow suit and nod. He smiles at the both of us before he lets go of our hands and I lean down and he kisses my forehead before his body goes limp. I broke down crying as Tubbo hugged me and our father. I tighten my grip onto his body.

He's gone...He's dead.

.

.

.

Y/n's POV

Tubbo had left me alone with the corpse of our dead father. I had stopped crying and stood up from the ground. I turned away from his dead body and started walking away, but before I did... "Goodbye, dad." I walked out of the van to find Techno waiting for me with a sorrowful look on his face. I walk over to him, not saying anything. We walk over to the partially destroyed podium to see Tommy and Tubbo near the microphone. Everyone else was standing in front of the podium cheering about their victory. Tommy taps on the mic to get everyone's attention.

"Hello everyone." Everyone settled down, and a couple even said hello back. "It looks like we won!" Everyone besides me and Techno started cheering about their victory. "And I never thought I'd say this, but even after the hardships, the tyranny we have been through. Tubbo, after everything. It was meant to be!" Everyone started cheering again, but me and Techno only looked at each other in complete confusion.

"I cannot be the president..." Everyone sounded so confused at this statement. When did he even become president? Where is Wilbur in all of this?! "As much as this is everything and this is what would have been everything." He paused and he seemed to be looking past the crowd at something. I turned around to find a glimpse of what seemed to be Dream's signature green hoodie. I turned back around to stare at Tommy.

"I've still got unfinished business." Is this really still about those damn disks?! I think Techno sensed that I was getting angry and pulled me closer to his side. "So I'm gonna give this pleasure to Tubbo. Get up here lad." I looked at my brother and he went up to the podium with a giant grin on his face. When he got onto the podium he took the mic while Tommy stood behind him.

"Umm, I was put on the spot here. I wasn't expecting to be surrounded by friends." This time I felt anger rising within Techno. I take his hand in my own and give him a look. He takes a deep breath and looks back up at Tubbo. "I feel like there is so much for the future to be built here, yes it has damages but everything has damages." He was really going at this speech but this is not what we fought for.

"When I think of damages I think of a piece of wood which has had nails banged into it. You can take the nails out but there are still dents, okay." Everyone cheers for him in the crowd except me and Techno. "There are still holes and the holes can be filled and that's what I would like to do as my job as president. I want to fix this place up, I want it to be back to what it was in its hay-day." I sigh as he gives his speech. He is being too naive, this place can't go back to what it was he doesn't want to believe it though.

"Take this and set it up, I have to do something real quick. Shoot one of your arrows to let me know when you are ready" I nod as I take the items from him and start walking off. I hate to do this to him, but the government isn't the answer. Never was, never will be.

Techno's POV

I had gotten out my rocket launcher and shot it in the air after Tubbo had gotten down from the podium. Everyone's gaze turned to me. "Alright listen here. You guys listen to me!" I wasn't taking this anymore. "I did not spend weeks planning this revolution, giving you guys gear for you guys to go and replace one tyrant with another." In the corner of my eye I saw an arrow land on one of the decorations out of sight of everyone else.

"Don't you see what is happening here?! Don't you see history repeating itself?! You think Schlatt was the cause of your problems? NO! It was government!" They all stare at me with shock and anger. This is what happens everywhere I go and it always ends the same. "I see that I was wrong to rely on other people." I splash a bunch of potions on myself and go on a rampage so I could meet up with Y/n. As I was running, I saw Dream running with me towards where Y/n was. As I was running away I heard a bunch of explosions coming from behind me.

I stopped to see that Wilbur had blown up L'manburg. Everyone was screaming and I ran back to find that Y/n had moved. Soul sand had been placed with two wither skulls on each. I stop running when I reach them and look over to see Wil and...Dad? I watched for a couple seconds and they had been talking to each other. I noticed that dad's wing had been damaged. After a couple seconds Wil handed dad a diamond sword and told him to do something. A couple moments later dad had... stabbed Wilbur, crying and hugging his dead corpse. I heard a gasp come from Y/n and I pulled them close as we both held in tears. I turned to face everyone in front of us who all had out weapons and had them pointing at us.

"Tommy, do you think you're a hero? Is that what this is?" I see Tommy just standing there staring at me in disbelief of what I was doing. " I just wanted... I just wanted L'manburg." Still in denial, nothing ever changes, does it? "You just wanted power." He paused for a moment before answering. "No, I just wanted-" I cut him off before he could finish. "Tommy, you just did a coo. You just did a hostile government takeover and then immediately instilled yourself as president." I looked down at Y/n and they were looking at the crowd as well. They pulled away from me and then I gave them the last two wither skulls then we stood behind the almost complete withers.

"Let me tell you a story Tommy, a story of a man called Theseus." Before I could speak, someone else did. "His city state was in danger, he sent himself forward into enemy lines, he slayed the minotaur and saved his city. Do you know what they did to him Tommy?" Y/n knew what I meant when I started this speech. I look back at Tommy, "They exiled him. He died in disgrace, despised by his people. That's what happens to heroes Tommy." All of them looked confused and looked at each other.

"But he saved everyone." I heard Y/n sigh beside me, I knew what they were thinking because we were thinking the same thing. "The Greeks knew the score, but if you want to be a hero Tommy." Y/n passed me one of the Wither skulls when they were done speaking and then turned and nodded at me. We both placed the heads down as Withers spawned.

"THEN DIE LIKE ONE!"