2. reuniting

The next day, Nanny, Pop, and I were on our way to Melwood to watch Oliver during training. Pop, always the Liverpool fan since the 70s, was practically beaming with excitement. We've been loyal fans for about 40 years now, following the team through thick and thin. The nerves were palpable as we approached the training ground, not knowing exactly what awaited us, but we had each other for support.

Entering the parking lot, the reality sunk in—some of Liverpool's biggest fans were about to watch their beloved team train. It was a dream come true. With badges in hand, we approached the front desk to figure out where to go. To our surprise, Oliver was there to guide us, and soon, we found ourselves meeting the entire team, welcomed by smiles and even a famous Jürgen Klopp hug.

As I entered the room, I couldn't believe my eyes. There he was, Logan, and I thought we might never see each other again. His charismatic smile made my day, and the warmth of the hugs from the players, especially Andy Robertson, whom I've missed dearly, added to the joy.

Amidst the training session, Logan whispered, "Talk after training?" How could I say no? "Of course, talk then," I replied, sending him a smile. Andy, being the cheeky friend, caught on to the chemistry between us.

Watching the team play together during training was a surreal experience for my family. Seeing Logan, Andy, and Oliver, not just as players but as brothers, brought immense joy to Nanny and Pop. It was a reunion of sorts, a return to the football days of their two boys.

After training, I suggested Nanny and Pop head back to the hotel, assuring them I'd get a ride back. The anticipation of talking to Logan, the uncertainty of what he wanted to discuss, made me nervous yet strangely happy.

As Logan walked out of the building, I waited for him on a bench. His infectious smile could light up the darkest room. He suggested going somewhere to eat, and I, a girl who never passes up a chance to eat, eagerly agreed. We drove to a nearby café where we both ordered BLTs.

Logan words cut through the air, "Gigi, I think you're amazing. I want to see where this goes if you'd like to as well." Without hesitation, I replied, "I want to see where this goes too." We sat there, looking into each other's eyes, the connection growing stronger.

Heading back to the hotel, we chatted effortlessly, and I felt safe enough to sing along to the music. Logan dropped me off, and we shared a lingering goodbye, culminating in a kiss that felt just right.

Entering the hotel room, I found Nanny and Pop watching TV. I shared the details of the day, and after a shower, Pop remarked, "I haven't seen our little girl this happy in a very long time. That boy is good for her; he brings out Gigi." Nanny agreed, and I couldn't help but smile, grateful for the unexpected turn of events.