14. why?

Eva arrived back in Edinburgh without Andy and Trent. She already missed them both terribly. She hated fighting with Trent, especially when she had to leave.

She arrived back to her flat and decided to drive to Bishopton to see her Nanny, Pop and parents. She arrived to Nanny and Pop's house 45 minutes later.

She knocked on the door. Her Pop opened the door and welcomed her with a hug. She didn't have to say anything for him to tell something was wrong. He started making tea and Nanny made her famous soup.

"Love, what happened? We love having you here but you have school in two days. And something seems wrong. " Her grandfather asked her.

"Trent and I got into a fight." The girl said with a quiet voice.

"What happened what was said?"

"It was all because of me having to come back for school. He wants to be more of a priority and he is. But education and getting a degree are so important to me. It always has been."

"We know love."

"Your Nanny and I actually had a fight about this one time."

"I left from the job we both had at the airport to go back home in Oban. It wasn't a good time for our relationship and we had only started dating. Little did she know it was because I was telling my parents that I wanted to marry this girl."

"He came back and we dated for a little and then he proposed. If I had not been so worried about loosing him we might not have been together."

"Dear he is only scared of loosing you to something better. That boy knows what he has and he doesn't ever want to let it go."

"Thank you, I just got so upset. It felt like he didn't even care about what I wanted."

"We understand how about we watch some Pride and Prejudice with those funny pajamas you bought for us this Christmas to distract you?"

"I think we all know the answer to that."

They were watching the 1995 version with the 6 part episodes. It was their favorite to watch together. Pop had to walk outside to answer a phone call, but he came back within a 10 minutes so he didn't miss to much.

Dad and Shannon came over just in time to watch the 3rd episode. And they had a break for dinner. It took them a little longer, since it was raining very hard.

They stopped the show to talk about what happened. Her parents weren't too worried about the couple breaking up. They knew it was just a fight and it would end soon.

"I am sorry that happened, but if it makes you feel any better your dad and I got into fights at the beginning of our relationship. And we still do." Shannon said. 

"Sometimes it's because your mum decides to be clumsy and break another thing in the kitchen. Even in the biggest fights we always forgave each other and worked through it." Dad said.

"The reason we always forgive each other is because we love each other more than the argument. And we always have." She replied.

Shannon said. "I remember one time we almost broke up and I just left the house. It was before you were born. I was so upset I went to Papa and Nena's house and just cried for a while. Your dad eventually came to the house and we both apologized. Here we are 25 years later."

"I appreciate you telling me it gives me hope it just worries me because this is the first big one."

"The first big one is always the scariest but it shows how much you love the person. It helps prove you never want to loose them."

"I never want to loose him. I know we will get through the fight I am just so upset still but I miss him more than I am mad at him."

"Let's distract you now." Nanny sidetracked the conversation.

"Don't you just love Mr. Bennett? He stands up for those girls very much."

"He truly is amazing. And Mr. Darcy and Bingley both very dreamy."

A few minutes later they heard and knock at the door. Pop went to go answer it.

"Eva would you come here for a minute?"

"Sure coming!"

She walked over to the hallway to the door and stopped in her tracks when her Pop moved to show her who was there.

"I think it's for you love." Pop said with a laugh and a wink.

She saw Trent standing there soaking wet with purple roses in his hand.