3. hard talks

In the following days, Logan and I cherished every moment together, going on dates to places that held sentimental value for him. Each outing strengthened my trust in him, and on the second-to-last day of my visit, he surprised me with a picnic in a quaint park near his home.

As we settled in, Logan opened up about the past week. "I've had so much fun with you. Do you think we could make us more serious?" he asked, his eyes filled with hope and anticipation. The happiness on my face dimmed momentarily as the reality of distance and past heartbreaks set in. "What's wrong, Gigi?" he asked.

I hesitated before confessing, "I live in Glasgow, and you live here. I got hurt in my last relationship, and I'm scared. I just don't want you waiting around for some girl who lives 4 hours away. I am sorry." I began to walk away, but Logan's hand grabbed mine.

"I would rather be with you, who lives 4 hours away, than someone else who lives here," he declared. "You want to be with me?" I asked, surprised. "Yes, have I not proven it enough this past week? Gigi, I want to try with you no matter where you are. I want to be right with you," he insisted.

"Can I have a few hours to think? Do you mind?" I asked. "No, take all the time you need," he said. Grateful, I kissed him on the cheek before heading back to the hotel.

Needing advice, I called for a meeting with Andy and Oliver in my hotel room, joined by Nanny and Pop. Expressing my fears of getting hurt again, I questioned the possibility of being cheated on. Oliver and Andy assured me that Logan's genuine feelings for me were evident in the way he talked about me.

"He called me and your Nanny to make sure that you got home okay. Boys like that are rare to find, sweetheart," Pop reassured me. Andy emphasized that taking chances was crucial and that Logan's genuine interest in me spoke volumes.

Ollie added, "Out of every girl he could have noticed, he noticed the impatient girl who didn't want to wait longer for her drinks. Now go after that boy and go get him!" Motivated by their encouragement, I grabbed the keys to the rental car and headed to Logan's house.

I got texted Logan's home address by the boys; I reached his place in record time. Tyler, Logan's older brother, answered the door, recognizing me as the Gigi Logan had been talking about. He directed me to Logan's room, where I found him waiting. Hugging me tightly, he confessed, "I didn't think you were going to come back to me."

"I just needed time to think. I was always going to come back. I just had to talk it through with my family," I reassured him. Overwhelmed with joy, Logan asked, "Does this mean you will be my girlfriend?" I nodded eagerly, and he sealed the moment with a sweet and gentle kiss, leaving us both with a promise of a new beginning.