7. her mum calls me love, her dad calls me son

December 23rd

Eva got in town on the 15th of December. God she missed her boys. Having them 4 hours away was one of the worst feelings in the world. She wishes she could be near them a lot more.

Luckily, this is her last year of school because she fast tracked for University. But since it was her last year she has a lot less free time. Although she makes it work because Liverpool quickly became a lot more meaningful to her.

She stays with Dianne and Michael every time she visits because the impression she made on Trent's birthday; his parents wanted that girl here almost as much as Trent.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, neither of the families wanted to be spending the holiday away from each other. Dad and Shannon ended up renting a house near Dianne and Michael for when they travel down. It was just a lot easier than constantly buying a hotel room.

Everyone was having dinner at the rental house. The boys and Eva were outside playing soccer for a long time. It was Oliver and Trent on one team, and Andy and Eva on another.

The girl was naturally good at the sport because of her dad. Donnie had played most of his life but got to the time were he retired. That was one of the reasons Ollie started playing. He wanted to live up to his father's dreams, so he could be just like him.

Soon it was time to eat and Donnie came to get the four of them. He watched them play for a while and laughed at them being stupid. It reminded him of the good old days back with his mates.

Donnie spoke up "All right get your asses in the house before I beat them in a game." Trent started laughing hard at THE Donnie. Andy and Ollie started laughing because the two most sarcastic lads in the house were joking with each other. No one wanted to miss that.

"Is that right sir, beat our asses in a game? I wondered if the Williams' talent is still there." Trent replied.

Donnie started laughing hysterically at Trent messing with him. He loved how comfortable the boy was to make a laugh and a joke with him.

"You better watch out son. Eva will beat you before I will in this game. She's a feisty lass that one." Donnie said. Trent started smiling because he knew Eva most likely could.

They carried on joking with one another for quite some time. Shannon walked out of the house noticed what was happening and called after Trent.

"Love, you better watch out for that girl. She's got her old man's talent."

Trent became so happy in those few seconds. Donnie called him son and Shannon called him love. That only ever happens if you mean a lot to them. He knows because Andy gets called son too. But this time it just means a lot more because it's Eva's boyfriend and Andy had been around for years.

They went inside and ate some of the best salmon they had in a while. Shannon is quite the chef and always cooks the best food. The families always cook together now. They marked it a new tradition.

Next day: December 24th

Trent had left to go around town with Donnie and Shannon, which gave Eva the time to make sure her presents were ready.

"I am scared Trent's not going to like his present." Eva said.

"Honey, he will love it I promise you. Remember to call the number I gave you it will help with the surprise." Someone said on the phone.

"Okay that surprise is for dad and pop." she said.

"Now tell your dad I said hi please for me?" the same voice said.

"I will uncle! I can't wait to see you and meet him too!" she exclaimed.

"I can't wait either. He is going to love you! See you soon honey." the mystery caller hung up.

She called the number that the caller gave her. And couldn't help be nervous, he was one of her biggest idols. She had nothing to be worried about though just like her uncle said.

"Hello I am Eva Williams, my uncle told me to call you. Is this you?" Eva asked.

"Hello Eva, I was expecting your call." the man said.

The two carried on a very long conversation. The young girl couldn't believe who she was talking to.