Part 7

I was jolted awake by the feeling of the plane landing. We'd been in flying around aimlessly for about a week. Trying to think of somewhere safe to land. All of us glad that the Quinjet was turbine powered, no need for fuel. Steve, Bucky and I have become friends. I suppose we sort of have to, we have no one else to talk to.

Bucky was quite at first, quite nervous but he's opened up. Both to me and Steve. Steve and I have always grown incredibly close, both of us have only just meet but our circumstance has brought us

"Sorry for the poor landing" Steve apologized from the front.

"More like crash landing" I said stretching my hands above my head.

"Where are we?" Bucky asked.

"Wakanda" Steve said.

Wakanda? As in where king T'challa well the Black Panther is from.

"Why are we here?" I asked.

"T'challa offered to help, he found out it was Zemo who killed his father not the bombings" Steve said.

The UN bombings, I remember them being all over the news. It was meant to be a meeting for the Sokovia accords I believe.

"C'mon" Steve said.

Bucky and I looked at eachother briefly before following Steve outside. We'd landed just on the outskirts of the border. Steve informing us that T'challa didn't want the people of Wakanda to know that we were here.

"Thank you T'challa" Steve greeted.

"No problem, it's the least I can do" T'challa said, his African accent thick.

"You must be the spider" T'challa greeted.

"Yeah, I'm Y/n" I greeted him shaking T'challa's extended hand.

"Lovely to meet you" T'challa said a smirk growing on his face.

Steve cleared his throat and T'challa turned his attention towards the blonde.

T'challa lead us towards the kingdom. Thankfully it was night so the streets where quite.

"This place is beautiful" I said.

"It is nice isn't it" T'challa agreed.

We arrived at the palace and T'challa lead us towards were we would be staying.

"There's some bedrooms and bathrooms down the hall, my staff and the Dora Milaje know you are here. Stay here as long as you want" T'challa said giving us a nod before leaving.

"There are some spare clothes in the closets" One of the Dora said before following the king.

I nodded and collapsed onto the couch letting out a sigh. Steve walked over to me and handed me a flip phone.

"What's this?" I asked.

"It's a burner phone, I thought you might want to call your brother" Steve said offering me a smile small.

I stood up and took the phone giving him a quick hug. He chuckled lightly and hugged me back resting his head ontop of mine. The hug lasted a second, but for some reason I wished it was longer. I seemed to feel at ease with Steve, comfortable with him.

"Hey no problem" Steve replied as I pulled away.

"I'll be right back" I said walking towards the bedroom.

I could hear Steve and Bucky engange in a conversation as soon as I left, there voices growing quietly as I moved further and further away.

I entered one of the rooms and closed the door. I pulled the phone out of the trackpant pockets I was wearing. Trackpants I've "borrowed" from someone in Australia's clothelines. The three of us have "borrowed" a collection of clothes from the multiple stops we've made. Not wanting to wear our suits the whole time.

I wiped my hands on the shirt I was wearing. Well Steve's shirt that I had stolen before dialing my brother's number.

I brought the phone up to my ear as I felt my heart hammer in my chest as I waited for Peter to pick up.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up" I muttered to myself as I paced around the room.

"Hello, this is Peter Parker" Peter answered the phone.

"Peter" I said.

Peter paused. He didn't speak.

"Y/n is that you?" He asked.

"Yeah Pete, it's me" I replied.

"Oh my god" He sighed out.

I sat down on the bend and placed my other hand on my thigh rubbing my hand up and down.

"Where on earth are you?" He asked panic lacing his voice.

"I- I can't tell you ok" I said immediately feeling guilty.

"Aunt May's worried about you" Peter said.

I shook my head and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"How is she?" I asked.

"Not the best, I had to tell her that you were Spiderwoman and on the run. She watches the news constantly waiting for news about where you are" Peter said.

"Can you tell her I'm ok" I asked.

Peter fell quiet.

"Peter?" I asked again.

"Yeah, yeah I will" Peter said.

I could tell something was on his mind.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"What's wrong? What's wrong Y/n?! You're not here. I'm all alone the one person who I thought wouldn't leave me left" Peter shouted.

It felt like a pit opened in my stomach, I could feel tears begin to roll down my cheeks.

"I didn't have a choice Peter" I said, my words coming out as a whisper.

"Yes you did you did have a choice Y/n" Peter scoffed.

"I wasn't going to be some bitch for the government Peter do you know what would happen to Bucky if the accords were signed" I said.

"He's a criminal Y/n" Peter said.

"Yeah and so am I now Pete" I said.

"I just- I just want you home" Peter choked a sob.

"I know Pete I know" I sighed running my hands over my face.

"Why didn't you join Mr Stark's side, with me you'd be home if you did" Peter sobbed.

"You know why Pete" I said.

"Y/n I miss you, I need you back" Peter sobbed.

"I miss you too Peter, but I'll be back. One day I'll be back this isn't forever" I told him.

"You don't know that" Peter said.

"I do, I do know that because I'm not going to abandon you ok. I won't see you tomorrow, or in a month maybe not even in a year but I will see you again Peter. Your my brother, but for now I can't come home" I said.

Peter stayed silent but I could hear his quite sobs.

"I love you ok" I told him.

"I love you too" Peter replied.

"I have to go Pete, but I promise this isn't goodbye ok, it's a see you later" I said.

I don't know if that would ever happen but Peter has to believe that, I have to believe that.

"I'll see you later sis" Peter said in a whisper.

"See you soon little bro" I replied before hanging up the phone.

I choked a sob and wiped away the tears tossing my phone onto the bed. I let out a shaky breath and ran my hands over my head pushing back my hair.

"It's a see you soon" I repeated to myself.