Part 21

"Y/n you need to come see this" Natasha shouted out.

I stood up from my bed and jogged into the lounge where she was watching TV.

"What's up?" I asked.

Natasha pointed to the TV which was playing the news.

"There is a battle going on in Queens between Spiderman and an unknown villain. Spiderman seems to be trapped underneath a fallen building" The news presenter spoke.

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

"This isn't good" I said running my hands over my face.

I took a seat next to Natasha and leant forward in anticipation. My leg bouncing up and down.

"He'll be ok" Natasha said softly.

"You don't know that" I said.

We continued to watch the news, Peter still hadn't emerged from the rubble. I could feel tears begin to roll down my cheeks.

"Hey what's going on?" Steve asked walking into the lounge.

I looked up at him and he immediately noticed my distressed state.

"Peter's in trouble" I said.

Steve came and sat besides me wrapping an arm over my shoulder. I rested my head on his shoulder as he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"You know how strong he is Y/n" Steve said softly.

"He's just, he's never fought alone before, he's only a kid" I said.

"I know" Steve sighed rubbing his arm up and down my arm.

"Why didn't the idiot tell me he was in trouble" I muttered to myself.

"Because he didn't want to worry you" Steve said softly.

He lifted up his hand and wiped away the few stray tears on my face. The camera filming the rubble smashed and cut away.

"Fucking hell" I said.

"You shouldn't be watching this Y/n, it'll only stress you out more" Natasha said.

"I have to know he's ok" I shouted.

"Y/n" Steve said softly.

I spun my head around to face him, Steve had a soft expression on his face.

"Nat's right, we won't know anything until it's over, there's nothing we can do" Steve said softly.

I huffed and stood up storming off into the bedroom. Slamming the door behind me.

"Fuck!" I shouted punching the wall.

My hit leaving a dent in the dry wall. I slid down the wall bringing my knees to my chest.

I heard the door open and close softly but I didn't know who it was. It was most likely Steve, but I didn't look up.

"Come here" I heard Steve say softly.

I lifted my head up and looked at him tears rolling down my cheeks.

I shook my head and stayed on the ground, instead of protesting Steve slid down the wall and came and sat down next to me. His broad shoulders brushing against mine.

"Do you know how I know Peter will be ok?" Steve asked.

I shook my head no.

"Because everything he's learnt he's learnt from you. He has the most badass older sister to learn from, he may be a kid but he's stronger than you think. I mean he beat up both Sam and Bucky" Steve said.

I let out a sniffle.

"I just feel like I should be there for him ya know" I said.

"I know doll" Steve said softly.

"You know it was meant to be his homecoming tonight, he should be having fun but instead he's off fighting some weird guy in a vulture suit" I said.

"He's like you in that sense, doing crazy stuff because it's right. I mean you gave up everything for me to help Bucky because you knew it was right and you didn't even know me." Steve said.

"I am pretty stupid" I said laughing a little.

"No your brave and so is Peter" Steve said softly.

I gave Steve a small smile.

"There's that smile I love" He said softly reaching up to wipe away my tears.

I chuckled lightly and rested my head against his shoulder as his arm draped over my shoulders.

"Nice punch you did to the wall there" Steve commented with a laugh.

"I think it adds character to the place" I said.

"Oh yeah I definitely agree" Steve laughed causing me to smile.

We stayed there for a few minutes in eachothers company. I felt calm in his presence, well I was still absolutely panicking about Peter but I felt better with the situation.

After a few minutes Natasha knocked on the door.

"Come in" I called out.

She opened up the door and peered around.

"Peter's ok and they arrested the guy" Natasha said softly.

"Oh thank god" I sighed in relief tilting my head back making it hit the wall.

"See I told you he'd me ok" Steve said.

"Thank you" I said.

Steve gave me a warm smile and rested his head ontop of mine.

I honestly don't know how long we stayed like that that night, but neither of us really wanted to move. Steve pressed a kiss to my forehead before he stood up.

"We should probably get some rest" Steve said before heading towards the door.

"Can you stay?" I asked softly.

Steve turned back around and a small smile grew on his face.

"Of course" Steve replied climbing on the bed next to me.

I lay my head on Steve's chest listening to his steady heartbeat as his fingers made patterns on my thighs.

"Thank you for that" I said.

"You don't need to thank me" Steve said softly.

"I know but I just want to" I replied.

"You know I'd do anything for you Y/n" Steve said.

I tilted my head to the side to look at him.

"You would?" I asked softly.

"Without a doubt" He said with a smile.