Part 14

I sat at the table and Sam sat across from me. Steve and Natasha had gone to the grocery store. It was meant to be Steve and Sam but Sam wanted to stay behind and grill me about what he saw this morning. He knew Steve wouldn't say anything so he was trying his luck on me.

"Ok but what the hell did I see this morning?" Sam asked.

"It was nothing Sam" I said.

"It was not nothing, you two nearly fucking kissed" Sam shouted.

"I- no" I lied.

"I'm not blind Y/n" Steve chuckled.

"We were dancing ok, that's it nothing else" I said.

Sam let out a loud laugh and leant back in his chair causing me to roll my eyes.

"Dancing?" Sam chuckled.

"Yes dancing Sam" I said impatiently.

"Aw how romantic" Sam teased.

I reached my foot under the table and kicked his shin.

"Shut up" I said.

"Hey calm down spidey jeez" Sam chuckled shuffling his chair back.

I rolled my eyes at my friend and crossed my arms.

"I swear you and Steve just need to admit your feelings" Sam said.

"What feelings?" I scoffed.

"What feelings? What feelings? Oh my god you truly are clueless" Sam laughed.

"Steve and I don't have feelings for eachother Sam" I said.

That was a lie. I did have feelings for Steve of course I did.

"You and Steve are both terrible liars" Sam laughed.

"Sam I'm being serious there is nothing between us" I said.

The words seemed foreign coming out of my mouth like they didn't make sense to be spoken.

"Look there may not be, but how the two of you act is obvious you are much more than friends. I mean you can't even spend a second apart. Your also literally wearing his hoodie" Sam laughed.

"I don't like Steve" I said.

Sam could tell I was lying he raised a brow at me. I knew he knew.

"Ok fine, maybe I do like Steve" I admitted.

"Haha I knew it, I mean you too practically stare at eachother like love sick teenages" Sam said clapping his hands together with a laugh.

"He can not know ok" I said pointing a finger at Sam.

"Why not the guy clearly likes you" Sam said.

"Just don't ok" I sighed.

"Fine I won't, but Steve deserves to know and trust me he'll want to know" Sam said.

I ran my hands over my face and tilted back on the chair.

"Ya know I've never seen him look at anyone like how he looks at you. He looks at you like your the only person in the world" Sam said.

I rested my hands on the top of my head and shook it.

"I think he's still in love with Peggy" I sighed.

Sam sighed and leant forward resting his hands in the table.

"Steve will always love Peggy, but he's not in love with her. Peggy is in the past" Sam said.

I nodded and stood up off the couch.

"I'm going to have a shower" I said.

"Y/n think about what I said ok, he cares about you" Sam said.

I nodded and headed towards the bathroom shutting the door behind me. I let out a sigh and ran my hands over my face, the back of my head hitting the wooden door.

I closed my eyes tightly and covered my face before stripping my clothes on and stepping into the hot water.

I let the water rush over me as I stood there with my eyes closed my head tilted towards the ceiling.

I stood there for a few minutes until I heard the front door open and shut. I sighed and switched the water off stepping out of the shower.

I wrapped myself with a towel and threw my clothes into the laundry basket before stepping out of the bathroom.

I immediately bumped into Steve.

"Shit I'm sorry" Steve backed away.

I stepped to the side and allowed him to enter the bathroom.

"I don't know if there's much hot water left" I replied awkwardly.

Steve nodded and I noticed his eyes graze over my body, he quickly noticed what he was doing and pulled his gaze away.

"I'm sorry" Steve apologized once again his face burning.

My face was burning tok.

"Now it's fine" I said.

Steve gave me an awkward smile and shut the door behind him. I quickly went into my own room and shut the door letting out a groan at how embarrassing that was.

I then heard the shower start as I began to get dressed.