Part 31

3rd person POV

"Steve?" Bucky called out.

Both Steve and Y/n turned their heads to see Bucky turn into dust. Steve looked over to his lover in shock at what he had just witnessed.

She didn't seem to believe it either as it happened like a domino effect, people around them began to disappear.

Sam then T'challa then Okoye.

"Steve I don't... I-" Y/n said.

She stumbled back gripping her stomach. She could feel something was wrong. In her gut she could feel it.

The spider sense.

"Y/n no" Steve said.

He grabbed Y/n's shoulders his eyes scanning across her face.

"I think I'm going" She said in a whisper.

Y/n collapsed to the ground the feeling becoming too overwhelming. Steve dropped to his knees holding Y/n up.

"No, no not you too please don't go" Steve sobbed out.

"I don't wanna go" Y/n sobbed tears falling down her cheeks.

Steve looked down to see her slowly becoming dust.

"I love you" Y/n managed to whisper.

Then she vanished.

Turned into dust. Steve's heart also turned into dust, crushed into pieces.

He sat down his hands running through the dust which was all that was left kf the woman he loved.

Tears streemed down his face like a never ending river. He couldn't take it anymore, he screamed out his hands hitting the ground as he cried.

A mixture of emotions hitting him at once. Grief, anger, heartbreak.

She was gone.

Dusted turned to literal ash while he was still here.

But Steve wasn't complete without her so apart of him was gone too, the biggest piece of him.

He picked up the paper ring which Y/n had worn on her finger.

Steve cried out as he desperately tried to wipe off the ashes.

Steve felt a touch on his shoulders whih he immediately shrugged off. Not even bothering to look at who it was.

It's believed that the brain registers mental pain as physical and now Steve understood. His chest physically ached. He felt like he couldn't breathe.

As if Y/n was his source of oxegyn.

Steve sat there for hours, he would've sat there for days if Natasha hadn't pulled him away. He didn't want to leave the pile of ashes which were once the love of his life.

The paper ring placed in his pocket as a reminder of there love. He wouldn't beed a reminder though as the memories would never fade from Steve's mind.

"Why her?" Steve sobbed.

"I'm sorry" Natasha whispered.

"Why did it have to be her?" He looked up at her with blood shot eyes.

Never in her life had she seen Steve this hurt.

This was the endgame.

And the end of a love story.

One which he wished would last, but life isn't fair.

It never is and apart of Steve blamed himself, that he couldn't stop Thanos but no matter who Steve blamed one fact remained the same.

The love of his life was gone Y/n was gone.

The end...