30 • mount weather

Chapter 2, let's goooo

——————————

Chapter 2, let's goooo——————————

"I want to see my people," Clarke told the man, sounding like a leader.

I couldn't say I didn't feel the same, though. I was itching to see the kids we'd come down to the Ground with. Even though we had had so many struggles and fights while we had been together, we were all like a strange, dysfunctional family. I had used to want to be alone all of the time and now, I couldn't think of anything I would want less.

"Course you do. I would, too," Dante smiled. He then turned and gestured to the guards who were rolling over a cabinet.

They unlatched and opened it to reveal it was a wardrobe. Inside were several different clothes from plain outfits to fancier dresses, as well as all different pairs of shoes. The sight almost made me smile considering that we had been stuck in the clothes we had descended from the Ark in.

"Change and meet me in the hall," he instructed us. He then walked towards the exit, beckoning his guards to follow.
"Come on, let's go. Let's give Clarke and Theodora some privacy."

Clarke was the first to approach the cabinet, touching one of the dresses before her hands reached for the shoes. Picking up one of the high heels, she turned it in her hands slowly.

"Clarke, what are you doing?" I whispered as I noticed her looking around to see if we were being watched.

She then grabbed the heel and broke it clean off as quietly as she could. Looking over to me, she spoke in a hushed tone.
"Get changed. We're getting the other forty-six of us, and then we're going to go and find the rest."

My first proper smile since waking up in Mount Weather reached my face at that moment. "That's probably the best plan I've heard from you, Clarke."

The girl rolled her eyes, smirking as she reached into the cabinet and fished out some clothes. After she picked an outfit, she took a step back so that I could have a look.

I ran my fingers over the clothing, the material soft under my skin. It helped me feel a strange sense of calmness that I couldn't explain. Reaching in I grabbed out a pair of dark exercise tights, a shirt and a jacket.

As I began to get changed, I noticed that Clarke and I had chosen a similar attire. Both of us clearly realised that a dress or skirt wasn't exactly going to be practical if we were going to be on the run.

Getting changed, I then grabbed a pair of trainers from the cabinet and slipped them on. As I waited for Clarke to finish getting dressed, I combed my fingers through my hair and tied it back with a band I managed to find with the clothes.

"Ready?" Clarke asked as she slid the broke-off heel into the sleeve of her jacket.

I nodded as I laced up my second shoe, before following Clarke out the door. Dante was waiting for us just like he said, surrounded by several guards. He was clearly the leader in Mount Weather, the men at attention as soon as we approached Dante.