27 • stand and fight

Almost at the end of season one, let me know what you're thinking!

——————————

After talking a little bit more with Jasper, I did as I promised and went to the dropship

Clarke and Bellamy were off to the side as Finn sat with Raven. I could hear her laboured breathing from the doorway; she was lucky to be alive.

"Finally," Bellamy sighed as he saw me enter the room. "Clarke, could you check on her, please? The last thing we need is an infection."

Clarke nodded, retrieving a bottle of moonshine and some gauze from one of the first aid kits we had managed to find in the dropship.

The cuts on the sides of my wrists weren't deep, so she just lightly rinsed them with Monty's homemade alcohol. I winced a bit, attempting to pull my hands away.

"Sorry," she said in a hushed tone, like how one would treat a wounded, baby animal. I reached back out, allowing Clarke to begin to wrap a small layer of gauze around each wrist.

I felt a hand rest on one of my shoulders and looked up to see Bellamy standing behind me. "How're you doing, Sutton?"

"Having the time of my life, Blake," I responded as I dug my nails into my palms, focusing on that instead of my wrists.

When Clarke had finished both wrists, knotting the gauze so it wouldn't come undone, she stood up to examine my head. She spoke aloud as she gave it a close look.

According to Clarke, there was light bruising and my skin had split at the impact. Besides that, she wasn't worried about any permanent damage. When I asked about a concussion, she quickly ran through the symptoms, concluding that I most likely didn't have one.

For that, I was glad. It definitely would've made trekking through the woods a lot more difficult.

"We'll redo the gauze once we're away from here, but the moonshine should fend off any chance of infection," Clarke said as she packed aware her low supply of medical gear.

I smiled at her gratefully. "Thanks, Clarke. I really appreciate it."

Getting up from the seat I was in, I headed towards the door. Bellamy took a few strides to stand in my path, getting me to stop. "Hey, where are you going?"

"I want to go and check on Octavia," I told him. "Murphy's gone, okay? We're okay."

Bellamy nodded, stepping aside so I could pass.

I headed straight to my tent to find Octavia so we could get ready to leave. She was in there strapping a sheath around her waist to hold a machete style knife.

"You doing okay?" I asked her as I grabbed my jacket and knife from my bunk.

Shoving the knife into the sheath, she gave me a tired look, "Ask me again when we make it out of here alive."