16 • nothing personal

Do you think Theo will actually try to kill Bellamy?

——————————

"You know the first dropship is gonna come down soon," Clarke said, speaking specifically to Bellamy

"You know the first dropship is gonna come down soon," Clarke said, speaking specifically to Bellamy. They were walking ahead of me, as I had decided to hang back a little.

I would feel more guilty about killing Bellamy if I got any closer to him while I planned my move. I just didn't know how to start. My first murder wasn't exactly planned.

"Pretty sure you can't avoid Jaha forever," she told him.

On our walk she had given him the third degree about why he hadn't wanted the people from the Ark to join us on the ground. At first he held his tongue, but she was a pretty persistent little thing.

I, of course, already knew what Bellamy had done from when Octavia and I had followed him out into the forest. So I made sure not to interrupt, snacking on some of my rations as I followed close by.

I couldn't say that Clarke sounded surprised; more confused. Bellamy said it was the only way he could get onto the dropship, and Clarke and I just decided to accept that as a plausible answer.

But then we found out Jaha had survived, and everything had changed. Jaha knew it was Bellamy who had shot him, and our 'fair and just' Chancellor didn't seem like the sort of person to kiss and make up, you know?

"I can try," Bellamy was quick to bite back. He was definitely worried about the arrival of the shuttle. Waiting to find out whether he would be executed or not.

We stopped at the top of a hill, looking down on the landscape below us. It looked like an abandoned property. It was large, a few buildings here and there, and it was destroyed for the most part. Water was flooding the area, the murkiness adding to the creep-factor of the whole place.

It looked haunted.

"So," I breathed out. "That's where we're headed?"

Clarke half nodded, half shrugged as she examined her map. "Well, the depot is supposed to be around here somewhere. So, maybe."

"There's got to be a door," Bellamy told us.

"Maybe he'll be lenient."
Clarke was talking about Jaha again.

"Look," Bellamy started, turning to her with a frustrated look. "I shot the man, Clarke. He's not just going to forgive and forget. Just ask Sutton what happens when you kill someone. Now, imagine attempting to kill the person who made those rules."

My eyes fell to the ground at his words. I didn't want to let on that he was set to be the second person I killed. I'd be dead before I even took a shot.

"Let's just split up, cover more ground. Stay within shouting distance," he told us as he walked off.

Clarke and I looked at each other. I only shrugged, before walking off in a different direction to Bellamy to search for the door to the place Clarke was sent to find. Apparently it may hold supplies for us, but there was no guarantee.