25 • don't look

Bloody Murphy

I almost forgot how much happens in part one and two of the season finale

——————————

"What's the plan here, Murphy? Huh? You don't need Theo here, so just let her go, yeah?" Bellamy asked, managing to stay calm

Murphy pointed his gun towards me, smirking darkly, "You know what leverage means, right Bellamy? She's here so you'll listen."

"Leave her out of this. This is between you and me."

"You're right," he nodded, a frown reaching his lips. He was just getting more pissed off at Bellamy with every word. "You let them hang me. Hell, you kicked the crate out from beneath me."

Bellamy looked down, looking like he was thinking. "We thought you killed Wells, Murphy. We found your knife beside his fingers, what did you expect?"

"I expected to at least be allowed to defend myself! You let them blame me, because of a knife," Murphy growled at him. "Now, pick it up and make a loop."

My breath hitched in my throat as Bellamy looked over to me. I noticed he had been doing so every few minutes, as if checking in on me, and making sure that I was okay.

I only wished he'd worry less about me and just focus on himself. Murphy had killed anyone who had done wrong by him, and it was very likely that Bellamy was on top of that list.

I struggled against my restraints, trying to undo them. They were chaffing against my wrists, but I could barely feel it. The only thing I could feel was the panic ripping at my chest.

The boy turned the gun towards me, resulting in Bellamy stepping forward. Murphy immediately turned back and fired a shot at Bellamy's feet, missing on purpose.

That's when I felt my heart rate start to spike again. Digging my nails into my palms, I did my best to remain calm. I just prayed that Bellamy had a plan of some sort.

"Leave her alone," Bellamy said quickly, taking a step back. He then reached over to the table and retrieved the belt and began to make it into a loop.

"That's good," Murphy sneered, happy that Bellamy was doing as he was told. He had one of the leaders of the hundred doing what he wanted, and he was loving it.
"Then do what I said."

Bellamy glanced at me, his jaw clenched in anger. I couldn't tell whether or not he was stalling, but I nodded to tell him I trusted him.

It was strange to think of how much we had all evolved. The first few days here, I had wanted to strangle Bellamy and his smug face. Now. . . I just wanted to tell him he was right, I do care. I needed to tell him.

My breathing was shaky behind the gag, my jaw moving in attempts to loosen in so it wasn't pulling at the sides of my mouth. Every movement just kept threatening to split them, which was becoming somewhat painful.