9 • not completely miserable

Season 1 Murphy frustrates me

——————————

Taking a deep breath, I stepped off of the hatch door

Taking a deep breath, I stepped off of the hatch door. Murphy may be strong, but there was no way he was getting through solid metal.

"You all better open up this hatch right now!" Murphy basically screamed.

Octavia collapsed down beside the door to catch her breath. "He's a real piece of work."

"Yeah, well if Clarke doesn't get back soon, Jasper is screwed," I sighed.

"Hey, everyone, they're back!" We all heard someone shout from outside.

Once whatever was going on outside had cleared, a lot of the kids decided to sleep out there in hopes that Jasper's moans wouldn't be as loud. I didn't know if it had worked, but at least Murphy was no longer trying to get up here to kill him.

I looked from Jasper to the hatch and then back again, before Monty nodded. "Go. Go make sure they have what we need."

I told him I wouldn't return without it, and I meant it. I'd go out into that forest and find what they needed myself if it came down to it. Octavia followed me out, itching to see Bellamy's friend, Atom.

She had elaborated more about him before Murphy had ruined our conversation. She told me how they had connected during the small time where Bellamy had had him watch Octavia while he was gone. Sitting beside your sick friend doesn't leave much space for anything outside of conversation, and Octavia was happy to have someone to talk to about it.

But Octavia had also told me that Bellamy wasn't overly thrilled when he had found out that they had been sneaking around together, and she had found out that he had left Atom strung up in a tree for the night.

I shook my head in disbelief. I can understand looking out for someone, but he was willing to overlook his sister's happiness in the name of 'protection' and Octavia clearly didn't appreciate that.

Either way though Octavia seemed to really like him, so I was happy for her. At least one of us found some positivity in this bleak situation.

When we stepped outside, Octavia spotted Clarke almost immediately, making a beeline for her. "It's about time. They're gonna kill Jasper."

"Did you find it?" I asked anxiously, my heart not prepared to handle it if she said no.

She nodded, "Yeah, I got it." Pursing her lips, she turned to Octavia. "Hey, come on. Let's go talk."

My brows pulled together in confusion. What had Clarke so quiet? What else had happened while they were all gone?

Octavia almost went with her, before she spotted her brother near the entrance to our camp.

His face showed an emotion I hadn't seen on him before. Concern - maybe even fear. It was hard to tell.

"Octavia, just stay there. Please, stay back."