2 • we made it

Sorry if that was a slow first chapter, but you know how it is having to introduce all of the characters and such

——————————

Taking turns we all climbed down the ladders to the lower level, crowding around the door

Taking turns we all climbed down the ladders to the lower level, crowding around the door. People were trying to get out, only to be stopped by a boy holding his hand up, telling us to back up. He looked older than the rest of us, and older than eighteen. So why was he on this ship?

He then turned towards the controls that opened the door and prepared to free us all. Except this time, we were stopped by the blonde who had been seated beside Wells Jaha, who was climbing down the ladder and walking towards the boy. "Stop! The air could be toxic."

"If the air is toxic, we're all dead, anyway," He pointed out, not caring for what the blonde had to say.

When he went to turn back to the controls, Octavia spoke from beside me. "Bellamy?"

Bellamy? Her brother? That was Bellamy?

I took a second to look at him better. The olive skin, dark hair, strong features; now that I knew, I could see the similarities.

She began to walk through the crowd, so I followed closely behind her. I wasn't exactly tall, so I had to shove my way through. Octavia stopped in front of her brother, looking up at him.

He smiled down at her, his eyes soft, "My God, look how big you are."

With a small sigh she leaned forward and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

"What the hell are you wearing, a guard's uniform?" She asked as she pulled away.

"I borrowed it to get on the Drop Ship. Someone has got to keep an eye on you," Bellamy explained.

They hugged again, the whole room watching them. They didn't care though, it was just them in their heads. It was rather sweet that he had risked his life for his sister. I couldn't imagine someone doing that for me.

"Where's your wristband?" The blonde girl interrupted.

Octavia turned around scowling, "Do you mind? I haven't seen my brother in a year."

Small murmurs travelled through the room, before one person called out what the rest were thinking. "No one has a brother."

"That's Octavia Blake," Another said. "The girl they found hidden in the floor."

Octavia lunged to attack the people bringing up what happened to her, but Bellamy and I were faster. We each grabbed an arm, restraining her.

"Octavia, calm down," I told her. "They're not worth it."

I didn't want her getting herself into more trouble considering we'd barely been on the ground ten minutes.

"Enough," Bellamy told his sister. "Let's give them something else to remember you by."