7 • stronger than this

I'm so happy they didn't kill Jasper off in the first few episodes

The fact that I've gotten over seven chapters out of the first few episodes astounds me.

Also, the gif omg

——————————

Clarke and Wells went over to the tree to help Finn and Murphy lower Jasper from the tree, leaving me standing alone

Well, almost alone. I would've preferred alone.

"So, the murderer has a heart," Bellamy snickered to himself, acting as if he wasn't stepping closer so that I would hear.

I decided not to play into it as easily this time, ignoring his comment and just focusing on Jasper. They almost had him down, thankfully. He also seemed to still be breathing, which was a good sign.

I still didn't understand why they had given him the poultice in the first place, but I wasn't about to question it if my best friend survived.

"You know," Bellamy said from beside me, "I expected you to be the last one to warn me that something was about to kill me."

Grinding my teeth, I kept from looking at him. "You're Octavia's brother. If anything happened to you, she'd never forgive us for not saving you. She's one of my best friends. So if you're going to die, do it when I'm not around."

"Yes, ma'am," he chuckled deeply.

Rolling my eyes, I sighed deeply. "Why are you acting like this is one big joke? Jasper could literally be dying, and you're over here being a jerk."

He took a moment to consider the question, crossing his arms in front of him. "It keeps me sane. I take things seriously, just not too seriously, or I'd lose my mind."

"Can't lose what you never had," I mumbled.

"Look, I was just trying to thank you for trying to help me."

Spinning on my heel, I peered up at him. "You calling me a murderer again didn't sound like a thank you. And maybe next time, I'll help you like you helped Clarke. What the hell was that? She could've died."

Shaking his head, he laughed lowly. "None of you are listening, we need to get rid of those wristbands. Do you really think that they're just going to let us live free when they get here; just forgive all our crimes?"

"Well-"

"You murdered someone, Sutton. Do you think that they're going to let a murderer roam around free? Because I don't."

My throat tightened as I stared into his eyes. He wasn't trying to play me, he honestly thought this. But why? Why would he care? Octavia hadn't done anything bad enough that they wouldn't give her a second chance down here.

But Bellamy, what had he done?

"What's this really about?" I asked, squinting.

His eyebrows pulled together as he ran a hand through his hair, "I have no idea what you're talking about."