5 • just a monster

Bellamy bugged me when he pulled that whole privileged thing to get everyone on his side

Hope you guys are enjoying. I hope you remember when I mentioned that this is going to be a slow burn sorta thing.

You know Bellamy - not too quick to rush into stuff like that. And Theo's not exactly handing out friendship bracelets, either.

——————————

Clarke shook her head after Bellamy's little speech and walked

Clarke shook her head after Bellamy's little speech and walked. Not waiting, I caught up to her. "Please tell me we're going after Jasper?"

She nodded with a small smile, hitching her backpack up higher on her shoulder. I waved to Monty, signalling for him to follow. He was Jasper's other friend, I wasn't about to leave him behind. Maeve had gone to speak to some people she knew, while Carter had taken Octavia to get her leg checked out.

"Just let me get some supplies from the Drop Ship, and then we're going."

"And we're not coming back without him," I stated, not leaving any room for the thought that it was even a question.

Monty nodded in agreement, "There's no way. He's my best friend, we're not leaving him out there with them."

"Alright," Clarke said, "Monty come with me, I need your help finding some things on the Drop Ship. Theo-"

"I need to go and check on Octavia," I interrupted. "She can't come with us, I know that. I just want to make sure her leg is doing okay and that she knows we're going after Jasper. Also, I want to talk to Bellamy."

"Do you think you can get him to come with us?" Clarke asked me.

Monty stopped walking, eyebrows raised. "Are you kidding me right now? He just turned everyone on you, and you want to ask him for help? Do you realise how stupid that sounds?"

Ignoring Monty, I looked at Clarke, "And how am I supposed to manage that?"

"Like Monty said," Clarke shrugged, "He wants everyone on his side. So, we use it to our advantage, because what is a wannabe leader without any followers?"

With a nod, I separated from them and went in search of Octavia and Bellamy. Maeve and I had each lent our shoulders to her on the way back so that she didn't have to apply all of her weight to her injured leg, but there wasn't much else we could do.

She tried to act like she wasn't in pain, but I knew better. Octavia didn't like to appear weak. Her whole life she had been under protection and hadn't been able to be independent. Things had changed in the Sky Box. She had changed.

Octavia wanted to be her own person, and being on the ground was finally going to allow her to do that.

I eventually found them over by a small grouping of rocks. Octavia sat upon one with her pant leg rolled up to allow Bellamy to press a piece of cloth against it to clean it.