10 • it's justice

I warned you all this would be a slow burn, so no complaining haha

Personally, I myself find it more realistic to build upon a relationship than jumping each other's bones as soon as they meet, but that might just be me

——————————

Surveying the area, I could see no sign of Octavia and Jasper

Surveying the area, I could see no sign of Octavia and Jasper. I started by walking along the edge of the wall, hoping that would give me some idea. And as fate would have it, as I began to walk along the outskirts, Octavia had just run back inside, bumping right into me.

"Hey, are you okay? Where's Jasper?" I asked quickly.

She swallowed, "I'm fine, he's here. We need to find my brother and Clarke. Now."

Without question I helped her. We got them both and then the five of us were standing in a tent alone.

No words were spoken as Octavia laid three items out on a box in the middle of a tent.

One was a piece of shrapnel shaped into a knife, whose blade was covered in dry blood. The other two items were Wells' missing fingers.

Clarke was the first to react, picking up the makeshift blade. "This knife was made of metal from the dropship."

"What do you mean?" Jasper asked, his eyes growing wide. He knew what it meant, we all did. No one wanted to say it out loud.

Bellamy stood with his arms across his chest, his face trying to show no emotion. "Who else knows about this?"

"No one," Octavia answered. "We brought it straight here."

They all stared at the knife and fingers, trying to come up with a possibility that wasn't what we knew was the truth.

But we weren't going to get anywhere if we kept avoiding it.

"Okay, I'm just gonna come out and say what we're all thinking. This knife? It means the Grounders didn't kill Wells. Someone out there did."

I pointed towards the outside where the rest of the hundred were, just to make sure that there was no confusion. I felt bad accusing someone from our camp, but it was the only explanation.

Jasper sighed, trying to remain calm, "So, there's a murderer in the camp?"

Bellamy was quick to retaliate to Jasper's question, "There's more than one murderer in this camp."

His eyes slid to me for the briefest moment, but that moment was enough.

"I did not do this," I stated firmly, my eyes focused on Bellamy. "Wells was a good person. I would never have killed him."

You killed one of your parents.

That was the response I was expecting. I could only assume he held his tongue for Octavia's sake.