13 • meteor shower

Little scenes like that with Theo and Bellamy really get me. Watch me make these two pine after each other.

That chapter was also a bit long

——————————

A rustling woke me while I slept

A rustling woke me while I slept. Trying not to make it too obvious that I was awake, I slipped my hand under my pillow. Feeling the knife I had taken from supplies the day after Murphy was banished, I gripped it tightly. When the noise grew closer, I sat up swiftly and held the blade up at whoever was lurking in my tent.

"Bellamy?" I gasped, lowering the knife. "What the hell? I could've killed you."

"I'm sure you will one day," he said with half a smile, looking around the tent. "Have you seen Octavia?"

I took a moment to think back to when I last saw her, storming off in the forest.

Shaking my head, I sat the blade in my lap and rubbed my eyes. "Last time I saw her was when we followed you to the pod. I figured she just wanted to be alone for a bit. Why? Is she still not back?"

Bellamy left without a word which frustrated me. Getting out of my bunk, I pulled my jacket back on and slipped on my shoes.

"Bellamy, wait. I'm coming with you."

He looked over his shoulder at me and then looked away a moment later. "Fine."

We searched almost every tent, coming across Clarke's, where she sat awake.

"Hey, Clarke," I greeted.

She smiled in return, putting away some of her things.

"You're still up?" Bellamy asked.

The girl stood up with a sigh, "Yeah. Knowing that hundreds of people might be dying on the Ark makes it pretty hard to sleep."

"Raven's flares will work."

"Her radio would've worked better."

I could see the guilt on Bellamy's face. I had already grilled him about what he had done while they were setting off the flares, and now he had to hear it again.

"Have you seen Octavia?" He asked, ignoring her comment.

"No. It's Octavia. She's probably off chasing butterflies."

"That's what I thought," I added. "But she's been gone a while now, and she's still not back."

"Okay. I'll help find her. Let's check again. Bellamy, you go to the dropship, Theo check the perimeter, I'll check the rest of the tents."

"Got it," I nodded.

Bellamy agreed before looking over to her, "Thank you."

"Don't thank me," Clarke told him as she walked alongside us. "I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing it for Octavia."