𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆. geography

❝ ──chapter prologue
GEOGRAPHY. ❞

             𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐔𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐒 literature is a weird thing

             𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐔𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐒 literature is a weird thing. the threaded words together have the ability to absolutely shatter your heart and mend it and then shatter it even more. she truly felt when jane austen wrote 'I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading' in pride and prejudice. and which is also why she is blamimg literature for not allowing her to pay attention in geography class.

             you see her last literature class was over almost 30 mins ago but she still couldn't get over the chapter called the address, which they were taught today. she wonders how much the jew had suffered throughout the hiding, when her mother died, and when her possessions were taken away and kept in such a distasteful taste.

             she ponders what the alternative endings could be and how the what ifs could've changed the story. her eyes were on the black board where the teacher explained something about weather but her mind was still in last class.

             hence when the bell rung she softly gasped at the loud noise. "sang yue" the teacher called making her afraid that he caught her not paying attention. "i need to talk about your marks so meet me in the staff room" he said leaving her and the whole class stunned.

             because sang yue was one of the topper students it was rare for teachers to complain about her marks. a recent practice test was taken and the marks were not out yet making her even more nervous.

             so when she knocked the door of staff room the middle-aged teacher gleefully welcomed her. she went and stood next to him. he showed her a book. her marks from previous test and exams were noted down in it. not only of geography but also of all other subjects. "you see in all the subjects you got between 18 to 20 out of 20 in class tests and 38 to 40 in exams but in geography it's 13/12 or 25/27. i need you work on geography more because if not it will eventually bring down your percentage in your final report card." sang yue nodded occasionally to show she was listening.

             "which is why i need to meet your parents" sang yue almost scoffed. it seemed a ridiculous reason to call her parents when he already told her. he was probably just gonna repeat it to them so why call them when he already told her.

             upon being dismissed she immediately texted sang yan.

yue🌙: gēgē can you come home today?

sāng yàn gēgē 👽: no

yue🌙: tomorrow?