𝒙𝒗. a happy new year

❝ ──chapter fifteen,
a happy new year. ❞

 ❞

               "𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑" the girls chorused before leaving. sang yue chuckled as she watched them leave, a uncomfortable pit forming in her stomach. she sat back down on her bed to continue watching the stranger things episode. around late evening she heard a knock. sang yue opened the door to see sang zhi and her dorm mates. "happy new year jiêjiê!" the younger girls repeated. "happy new year" she greeted them. "oh wang ruolan you look good" she added upon noticing the girl. the younger smiled.

"jiêjiê my red packet" sang zhi asked extending her hand out. and then it dwaned upon sang yue. she forgot to prepare a res packet. "i'll transfer you" she muttered, her stomach churning. "fine" the younger grumbled. "are you guys going somewhere?" sang yue asked. "to this new restaurant that opened in downtown" the girls responded. "ahh" sang yue muttered. "be safe" she said as the girls left.

sang yue closed the door holding her stomach that was not paining. she was not on her periods so she didn't knew why it was paining. she felt her lunch coming up. she ran to the bathroom. huncing over the toilet she threw up. after throwing up sang yue washed her face and layed in her bed. it wasn't unnatural for her to feel homesick around this time of the year. she was so used to spending new year's with her family that she felt homesick around the new years.

last year around new year's she got sick so bad she had to come back half way from the restaurant they went to. sang yue then went down to get the food the ordered. sighing she entered her dorm. sang could've spent the new year's with her sister but sang zhi already had plans with her friends so sang yue did not wanted to weigh down her sister because of her. considering it was her first year too, she wanted sang zhi to enjoy.

sang yue picked up her ringing phone. the caller id flashed as 'brother no. 2.' she contemplated before answering, she did nevertheless. "hello jiaxu gē" she said while turning on the netflix. "what are you doing?" he asked. sang yue without thinking answered, "nothing." immediately regretting the answer. she knew he will end up roping her into a hang out with him.

"there's a company dinner tonight and i can bring my family. i can you there as my family right?" he asked. "shouldn't you take your girlfriend?" sang yue asked, subtly trying to confirm if he actually has a girlfriend or not. "but i don't have one" he answered making sang yue relived. "i can take you there right?" he asked again.

"jiaxu gē you didn't asked me if i am free" sang yue sighed opening her take out food. "but you said you were doing nothing?" jiaxu asked puzzled. "oh my god this why you don't have a girlfriend" sang yue let out another sigh. "jiaxu gē when you ask a girl to hang out with you. you have to ask if she's free or not even if she said that she's free. you have to ask that" she explained, wearing her glasses.