𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. the wind is gentle

❝ ──chapter twenty three,
the wind is gentle. ❞

               𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐔𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 a brow

               𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐔𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 a brow. "jiaxu gē what will you do when i study?" she asked. since there were no seats at the library, jiaxu suggested she'd study at his place while he cooked her something. she was setting up her laptop when she asked him that question. "i will just sit here" he sighed, sitting on the bed. "you'll sit here?" she tilted her head in confusion. "i want to look at you more" he announced. sang yue smiled slyly and bent down so that she was on eye level with jiaxu. she closed her eyes, briefly showing him her side profile, and asked "did you got a good look?" jiaxu gulped. her damned fruity vanilla perfume invading his senses.

when he didn't answered sang yue grabbed his hands. "now leave i really need to get my work my work done" she said, making him get up. wordlessly, jiaxu wrapped his arms around her waist. "can't i stay here? without speaking a word" he asked. duan jiaxu looked down at his girlfriend, who smiled with her nose scruned, he wondered how he got lucky with her. "no" she smiled. "my cruel girlfriend" he sighed, letting go of her as sang yue shook her head. jiaxu pulled out the chair for her and guided her to sit on the chair. he leaned down with a hand on the table while the other stayed on her shoulder. "what do you want to eat. i'll make you something tasty to eat since out yùtù has been studying so hard" he said.

sang yue thought about it for a moment before answering "hong shau rou." "okay" he smiled. "just let me know if you need anything else" he smiled again. "jiaxu gē why does it feel like you're taking care of kid" she chuckled, entering her laptop's password. "that's what i am doing" he answered as sang yue turned to him. "i am afraid someone might steal my kiddo" he patted her head as sang yue scrunced her nose and watched him walk away. she was just halfway through the research paper when jiaxu called her to have lunch.

soon, she announced, "i'm full" as she has a small appetite. "why? eat more" jiaxu encouraged, but sang yue simply shook her head and got up place her dishes in the sink. "are you full?" she asked him as he nodded. "give it here. i'll do the dishes" she said, taking the chopsticks from him and clearing the table. "you should rest" he trailled behind her. "you already cooked, so i should at least clean up" she smiled. "here" jiaxu said as he placed the apron over her clothes and went behind her to tie it. "don't you know how to do housework? why don't i take over?" he asked. "says who? i know how to do housework" sang yue replied. "after doing the dishes, do you wanna chat with me or rest for a while?" he asked. "i haven't finished studying" sang yue puckered her lips a bit. "you'll study?" jiaxu asked, slightly bewildered. "of course" she nodded as if it was the most obvious thing. "aren't you sleepy? take a nap" he suggested.

"i am not sleepy" she lied when she was quite literally functioning on caffeine. "you sure are serious about your studies" the male sighed as sang yue giggled. jiaxu helped her with dishes, so she done faster. sang yue went back to studying. her elbow resting on the table while her cheeks came to rest on her palms as she briefly closed her eyes, the effects of coffee she had earlier the morning wearing off. with a sigh sang yue opened her eyes again and completed the last part of her assignment. she still had a few programs to run and check the output, but she decided to take a little break before doing that. sang yue fetched her phone from the stacks of books and papers. she added a 15 minutes timer before resting her hands on the desk and keeping her head down and sleeping. jiaxu came to check on her 15 minutes later and heard her alarm. he saw her sleeping figure and turned off the alarm. "yùtù get up. don't sleep on the chair" he said, closing her books and shaking her awake.

sang yue stirred in her sleep and woke up. lazily, she follwed jiaxu, who guided her to bed and drapped her with a blanket. he took the papers in her hand and kissed her forhead as he watched fall back into her slumber.

               𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 sang yue woke up it was already time for dinner. she did feel bad for neglecting him and leaving him alone all afternoon when he planned to spend some time with her, though she didn't voiced it out. sang yue offered to make dinner, and jiaxu did the dishes this time. after that, the couple went out to for a stroll and some fresh air. jiaxu trailled behind sang yue who fed him gummy bears. "yùtù" he called out as sang yue turned her back to the road. "can i hold your hand?" he asked. smiling, sang yue gladly extended her hand out for him to hold as they two continued walking.

"have you been applying for internships?" jiaxu asked after a beat of silence. sang yue hummed. "yeah i've applied to several companies, but i still haven't got any replies" she muttered. "why do you suddenly want an internship?" the older male asked again. "just because" she shrugged, not telling him the exact reason. sang yue looked at jiaxu for a moment, and she smiled. both of them understanding the actual reason without her speaking it out. she looked ahead, feeling blessed to have such good communication with him.

"jiaxu gē" sang yue turned to him. "when people hold hands, they do it while crossing the streets or by accident. no one asks to hold hands" she laughed as he bumped his head with hers. "i chose to do that because i didn't want to make you uncomfortable" he explained. "no it's alright. i am not uncomfortable" she shrugged. "have i not told you this?" she asked softly. "i like you a lot. i really do" she confessed as the male next to her stopped walking, making her halt too. he looked at her but sang yue simply smiled. sang yue didn't have the courage to say 'i love you' yet, so for her, 'i like you' was the alternative.

jiaxu took both her hands in his as sang yue looked up at him with her doe eyes. he leaned down to press a kiss on her forhead. "me too" he muttered, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ears. the small exchange of i love yous, so her fluttered. she smiled at him as the couple kept on walking back home, enjoying the gentle breeze of wind under the moonlight.

•˚

•˚. *࿐ 𝑲𝑶𝑲𝑶𝑺𝑩𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑯𝑴𝑬𝒀'𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬 ▬▬▬ lol ya'll i am alive. ik this is a pretty small filler chapter but i missed writing sm for these two. istg I'll be more consistent. also wattpad was being so shit when i added the gifs