𝒙𝒗𝒊. why can't it be me?

❝ ──chapter sixteen,
why can't it be me?. ❞

 ❞

               𝐈𝐆𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 questions sang yue called jiaxu. "jiaxu gē i have something for you. i'll come to your office" she texted when he didn't asnwered her call, keeping the package in her bag. her friends caught up with her. jiang yang came up next to her. "i apologized" he whispered to her smiling brightly. sang yue raised her brows, not understanding him. "to jiaxu gē" he clarified making sang yue nod. "you told him i don't know right?" she asked again. jiang yang smiled nervously agreeing to her. he whipped out his phone to message jiaxu to tell him to lie. that sang yue doesn't know about his relationship with jiangs yet.

"are you free this weekend? let's decompress" he said closing his phone. "aren't exams around the corner? let's go after the exams!" she smiled. "oh right my jiêjiê's friend opened a bar! let's go there after exams" feng yuxi beamed. "let's discuss it throughly after the exams" wang zheng announced leaning onto his girlfriend. "you guys go. i've got somewhere to be" sang yue announced before departing from the group. "where?" yuxi asked. "just somewhere" the girl replied.

arriving at his office, "jiaxu gē" sang yue beamed, butterflies fluttering in her stomach at the mere sight of the man. "let's go this side" he said grabbing her wrist. when they were on the side of the building he placed his hands around her shoulder while the younger smiled at him nervously. "why didn't you answered your phone?" he asked.

"sorry i kept it on dnd while i was in class. i think i forgot to turn it off" she apologized, taking out her phone from her jeans pocket. "why didn't you told me you here?" he asked again, regaining his breath. "i did told you" confused, sang yue answered. "i sent you a message. didn't you see it?" she asked. "i was busy. sorry i missed it" he answered. "it's okay" she nodded her head, taking the peephole camera out of her bag. "sang yue" he said as the girl hummed. "don't come straight to my office or my place anymore. if you do let me know beforehand okay?"

she hummed in a low voice. sang yue's heart dropped to her stomach at his words. she didn't knew why he didn't wanted to see her anymore when he was the on insisting they should meet up on the new year's day. "have you eaten?" he asked. it further confused sang yue. how could he break her heart and then care for her. it just didn't made sense to her. she wanted to run away from him, yell at him about how mean of guy he is but she simply handed him the parcel.

"a peephole camera. it's because that woman keeps on harassing you. you can connect it to your phone" she said further explaining the features of the camera. "thank you" sang yue heard him say. "go back to you work. i'll go back to campus" she said avoiding his eyes. sang yue turned on her heels and walked away from him. her heart slowly breaking by each step.