𝒗𝒊. love of the rough blade

❝ ──chapter six, love
of the rough blade. ❞

                𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐔𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 downstairs. she woke up relatively early so she decided to see what her mom made before leaving for work. her hairs were thrown in a claw clip and she wore her reading glasses. she like how it gave her cute nerd look. "good morning jiaxu gē" she greeted the male upon finding him the kitchen who replied her back with the same courtesy. "what are you making" she asked taking a peek at the pot he was stirring in with chopsticks. "lo mein" the guy replied. "sit down I'll serve it to you."

she did as he said. while going through her phone the two heard sang zhi yelling downstairs. trying to negotiate a deal with her siblings to get rid of the tutor. it wasn't until the male sang had to come down and shut her. that's when sang zhi noticed a familiar male in the kitchen with her older sister. it just made sang yue chuckle.

after having breakfast where sang zhi and sang yan argued and the other two watched amused sang yan, yue and jiaxu were playing video games. sang yue sat next to jiaxu. young sang yue never really took interest in video games but when she had no one to play with she often bothered her brother who played video games. and their mother practically forced sang yan to let his younger sister play with him. sang yan eventually started teaching her how to play video games.

now that she's grown and has found her own interests and friends she usually doesn't keep up much with new video games. occasionally playing 1v1 against sang yan or as a team. sang zhi sat infront of sang yan blocking his view almost killing him in the game. the two argued where sang yan just told her to leave but she didn't budged. "jiaxu gē do you want fruits?" the youngest asked. jiaxu denied but sang yue said "get me strawberries please."

sang zhi who got up and brought strawberries and watermelon from the fridge. instead of getting an actually knife to cut it she brought a peeler. yue watched her siblings argue but jiaxu handed her his resumé and told her to read it to keep her busy and so that she won't question his professionalism.

too focused on her game she didn't even realized her sister taking photos of the guy next to her. first jiaxu moved out of the view and then sang yan blocked it. but when sang yan moved out of the view both jiaxu and sang yue were in frame. feeling the camera on her she looked up. posing for the camera alongside jiaxu which not only meant sang zhi's secret filming was busted. her heart ached slighty upon seeing jiaxu and her sister posing for the photo.

sang zhi pretend to clean something in her camera upon being caught and sang yue just resisted the urge to laugh. "what are you photographing?" sang yan asked. sang zhi just looked somewhere around the room, avoiding the prying eyes of the trio. "me?" jiaxu asked. "him? why would you take his photo?" sang yue asked this time in a teasing tone. "is he as handsome as me?" sang yan asked comparing his and jiaxu's visuals. then sang yan figured it out, "are you trying to show to mom and dad that we're gaming?"

"i─" sang zhi started finally turning to the trio but stopped when her eyes met jiaxu's. heart racing faster than light. "i'm not" she said innocently. "i just have a classmate who said my brother is gēge and jiêjiê is very pretty. i just can't show her a picture of you. it would be humiliating for me" she blurted before running upstairs. sang yue couldn't hold her laugh anymore. she threw her head back and laughed out loud.

reaching upstairs sang zhi took a glance at her sister smiling lightly. "i would prefer you rat us out. come here" sang yan stood up but was stopped by jiaxu. "she's simply impossible" he muttered. "try to understand her kids her age have some pride" jiaxu teased his friend. sang yue too stood up and announced that she'd be in her room. jiaxu went to cut up some watermelon for sang zhi. "aye little satan let's play another round" sang yan asked but she denied. "i have practical journals to complete" she said going upstairs in her room.

       𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐔𝐄 said in her room completing her practical journals. the next day jiaxu announced on taking sang zhi to physics museum to pique her interest in the subject. and so the two did while sang yan went for gaming and sang yue to a art museum. sang yan picked up his sisters. while sang yan was taking something out of the car sang zhi went upstairs. sang yue stayed with him. "are you still smoking?" he asked her upon entering the house.

"no. i've stopped" sang yue said placing her bag down on the dinning table. "stopped what?" sang zhi asked coming into the room. she saw her siblings share a panic look before denying anything. "gē my sketch book is missing. i book i usually draw in" sang zhi announced changing the topic. "there was nothing in the car just now" sang yan replied. "nothing? are you sure? take me there and show me" sang zhi whined taking on sang yan's arm to drag him. "zhizhi there was really nothing" sang yue jumped in before her her brother started talking in his default voice aka yelling.

"there's really nothing" sang yan said before going upstairs, tried. "just buy another one if you've lost it" he said. but sang yue knew emotional attachments to certain things that held her craft. she'd be as devastated as sang zhi if she lost her writing book. "why don't you call the museum and ask them if it's there" she suggested before walking into her own room upstairs.

             𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐔𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 conversing with her brother at the breakfast table when sang zhi came down. "jiêjiê, gēgē" she started already feeling nervous from their stares. "oh you got your book right? i heard jiaxu gē dropped it off" sang yue said. the youngest just nodded with a smile. "jiêjiê, gēgē. . . ihaveaonlineboyfriend" sang zhi said the last words in one breath.

all sang yue heard was online boyfriend which instantly made her choke on her food. "what are you saying? say it properly!" sang yan said passing his yue a glass of water. when sang yue was finally done she announced "zhizhi has a online boyfriend."

sang yan's eyes widened and then started the yelling. sang zhi did got an earful from him before he took his bag and went off to university. sang yue comforted her sister who started crying when he left.