𝒙𝒙. hushed birthday confessions

❝ ──chapter twenty, hushed
birthday confessions. ❞

 ❞

               𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐓 was sang yue's twentieth birthday. her roommates has canceled all the plans they made so that sang yue can spend it with jiaxu. her birthday fell on the weekend. jiaxu had agreed with her to celebrate it together in advance. that they go out to celebrate it. sang yue arranges it for awhile. in the mid-afternoon, she eats out with her roommates. then she returns to the dorm and waits till the time, spending it with her sister, then she goes out him. she hurried out of the lift, fixing her hairs. eyes darting left and right to jiaxu. just she was about to walk to him upon spotting him someone yelled out her name from the back. it was one of her classmate.

"sang yue!" he called out. sang yue looked at jiaxu for moment, who signaled her to continue the conversation, before turning to the guy. "i was thinking if we could go on a date anytime soon, when you're free" he rubbed his nape to ease his nervousness. "i actually like you alot" he bashfully added. "thank you for liking me but i actually like someone else so i don't think we can go on a date" she blurted. "oh it's okay" he waved off. "and happy birthday" he added handing her the pink bag. "i don't think i can accept this" she smiled nervously. "please accept atleast as a classmate. because i already bought it otherwise i'll feel awkward" he pleaded as sang yue hesitatingly took the bag. "i'll go then. . ?" sang yue nodded as she watched the male dissappear into the sea of university students.

jiaxu cleared his throat from behind her. sighing sang yue turned to him. wordlessly he took the bag from her stating he'll hold it for her. "so what did he said?" he asked, walking ahead of her. "the usual confession" sang yue caught up to him. but jiaxu suddenly halted. he stood infront of her bending down slightly so he'll be eye level with her. "take a look" he muttered, moving his left and right. "did you took a clear look?" he asked. "what are you doing?" sang yue asked back, looking around the campus, avoiding his eyes. "do i look the manly man you described?" he said, firmly holding her arm. according to the younger girl his words could have two meaning. either am i the one you said? or could i be that person. no matter the meaning sang yue shook her head, a bit lost for words. "really?" he teased standing straight. sang yue nodded walking ahead of him. "you said he's a ladies man" teased jiaxu while sang yue tried to remember what did she rambled that night.

"a little" she muttered. "do you even know what term means?" he asked. "jiaxu gē you don't know that?" sang yue questioned back. she "i told you that you should go online more often. our generation gap is becoming obvious" she teased upon having getting no answer to his questions. "tell me then. what does that term means?" he asked. "it means a guy with alot female friends. he's nice to all women and doesn't have a girlfriend" she explained. "if a guy fulfills one of these criteria, does that make him a ladies man?" he asked, chewing his gum. "of course not it has to be all three" sang yue replied. jiaxu chuckled before faintly muttering under his breath, "you're good at framing people." sang yue turned to him "what did you said?" she asked. "did i said something?" he pretend looking over his shoulder. "you did just now" she rolled her eyes.