𝒙. dumb dumb

❝ ──chapter ten,
dumb dumb. ❞

 ❞

                𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃, 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 no loopholes out this for her. sang yue was blessed to have face that seems like it was personally carved by aphrodite. her popularity resulted into her getting invited into many hang out with different people including the seniors and post graduate students. however she always declined it as she felt uncomfortable around people she don't know. this senior was different. he was one of them who helped her administer and get herself registered when she came to yihe.

he invited her to a hang out with him. she was no dumb. she read all the signs he'd been dropping but she kept on being oblivious and she's been clear on more than one occasion that she's feels nothing but platonic friendship feeling for him. she couldn't them being more than friends. sang yue just wanted to leave. she made up the excuse of her dorm curfew, which the guy accepted.

"do you want my friend to drop you off to university?" the guy asked. he had already moved out. he said the guy picking him up was a friend from where he did his internship. but sang yue refused.

"oh no the dormitory is near I'll walk" she said upon realizing she left her chapstick in the restaurant she told him she'd be back with it. but his ride was already there when she went in. all sang yue saw was the car driving away when she came back. she did got a glimpse of the driver's face. she immediately called her brother.

before he could speak she started, "jiaxu gē is in yihe?!" she asked bewildered.

"yes? he's from yihe so ofcourse he'd be in yihe!" sang yan exclaimed from the other line.

"why did no one told me?"

"are you dumb? who do you think got little demon from yihe airport and why would've i asked for him to pick you from yihe airport if he wasn't there!"

"ahh. . . nevermind then i am hanging up" she heard sang yan say something but she had hung up already. then the things started to make sense. within a few minutes she was already in university.

"sang yue!" someone called out from behind her. she turned to see jiang yang. she smiled tiredly at him. "hey" she greeted the guy greeted back. "are you coming back from a date?" he asked. "it was no date. it just a . . hang out near university" she clarified. "still similar to a date" the guy teased receiving a galre from the girl. "by the we're still on for tomorrow right? for huang xia's birthday party" he asked again. the girl just nodded and bid him a farewell before heading towards her dorm unbeknownst to her he's been circling around the entry gate of the dorm since she left to make sure she came back safely.

"i'm back" sang yue announced upon entering. she like the dorm. she got along well with the other three girls. "how was the date?" huang xia asked excitedly. "it was not a date!" she clarified before dropping on her bed.