𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊. dawn of a new era

❝ ──chapter twenty two,
dawn of a new year. ❞

 ❞

               𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐉𝐀𝐖 𝐒𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐃 sang yue watched duan jiaxu stand on the campus of yihe university. well he used to do so when picking her up but this morning he in class with a black bag pack slung over his shoulders. sang yue closed her mouth nodded at caiyu who gave her sly smirk and went ahead, frankly she barely heard what caiyu said. "good morning" he smirked taking a seat next to her. "what's the matter?" he asked innocently when he noticed her staring at him. sang yue removed her glasses, safely keeping them aside so she doesn't end up loosing them. she heard two people walk past her and gossip to themselves about who the guy sitting next to her is. "what are you doing here?" she asked the question. "didn't you said there was a sharing session today?" he took out a notebook from his bag as the girl nodded. "so i inquired the time and location" he replied so nonchalantly as if it was one of the mushiest things sang yue had heard him say in the last few months.

"didn't you said you have work today?" she squinted her eyes at him. "i took the day off" he smiled at her as sang yue reached to ruffle his hairs. "god you're so cheesy" she mumbled faintly. "come on i just happened to run into you" he said fixing his hairs. "sure. you graduated university two years ago and happened to run into a sophomore like me" she shook her head. "look at your attire" she scoffed scanning him up and down. "does it makes me look young?" he asked. sang yue puckered her lips and squinted her eyes, as if she was in deep thinking. "it's okay" she had a coy smile. "then i guess i'll dress up like this more often" he smiled at her, his elbow on his desk and his forehead's one side resting on it so he can get a proper look at her. sang yue noticed caiyu taking pictures of her and jiaxu. sang yue threw a pencil at caiyu which ended up hitting the bai girl on the back of her head. who scowled at sang yue

"so mean" duan jiaxu mutter at sang yue. "what can i say? i am sang yan's sister" she snickerd making jiaxu chuckle at his bestfriend's slander too. "okay that's enough look away" she muttered before turning his face away from her so that he won't be facing her anymore. jiaxu turned to her again, "why? can't i look at someone i am courting?" sang yue gave him a pointed look as she heard the others gossip about her and so-called boyfriend, he wasn't her boyfriend though. . yet. "you cannot" sang yue replied leaning down on the desk, resting her head on her arms. "are you sleepy?" he asked only now noticing how her eyelids seemed heavy slightly. sang yue nodded feeling her eyelids getting heavier as he stroked her hairs. "go the sleep then i'll wake you up with it starts" jiaxu said taking the same position as her, gazing at her gently.

sang yue opened her eyes, a menacing smile displaying her lips as an idea struck in her. "i can call you duan jiaxu right?" she smirked, dropping the formalities. the said male raised a brow at her. "what did you just called me?" he asked not believing his ears. "duan jiaxu" she girl repeated, pursing her lips together to stop the growing smile. he raised his brows at her, startled since it's the first time he heard her calling him by his full name. "why?" he then scoffed. "just because" she shrugged, the corners of her lips turning upwards. "given our current relationship you shouldn't be calling me that" he advised. "what relationship?" she feigned innocence as if he wasn't the guy she almost kissed twice. "'what relationship?'" he scoffs repeating her words.