𝒊𝒊. these violent delights have violent ends

❝ ──chapter two,
these violent delights
have violent ends. ❞

             𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒 just starting to fade away when sang yue woke up. groggily, she woke up dismissing the alarm that have been ringing for the past few minutes. it was bloody five in the morning. patting her cheeks multiple times to remove the puffiness and to make herself fully awake, she got out of her bed.

after finishing her morning routine she went to her sister's room placing a sticky note which read 'i am leaving early due to a project discussion' , a reason that was completely false. she descended downstairs making herself some black coffee and grabbing some strawberries while it heated up. it was something that she liked to call her "girl breakfast."

she placed another sticky note on the kitchen counter which read the same thing. she walked out of her house skipping on the way.

after a bus ride of what seemed like forever when it was just 15 minutes. hopping down, she called jiaxu after noticing his absence.

"jiaxu gē if you don't come here in 5 minutes then i. . . hope you'll never find a girlfriend─" before sang yue could finish her sentence she left a warm bottle placed on her left cheek. the shorter girl turned around to see jiaxu standing behind her.

"you ingrate how could say that would never find a girlfriend! did you forgot the great favour i did you years ago?" he asked calmly. sang yue smiled brushing his comment off. honestly even she didn't knew what she was smiling about. was it because she got to see him this early morning? was it because this time it was just gonna be the two of them? was it because of how effortlessly pretty he looked while standing there? quite frankly maybe all of those reason.

"there's a breakfast shop nearby you can do your homework there" jiaxu said making the girl nod. the two quitely walked to the shop.

sang yue knew it was wrong to be inlove with this guy. afterall he was not only 4 years older than her but he was also her brother's bestfriend. she really don't want to ruin their "bro-code" and she accepted that it was just a harmless crush.

she craved for nothing but simple moments like this. if she can't get a date with him then just simply walking next to him in silence was more than fine for her. it's was probably like a luxury to the younger girl.

sitting down, she accepted her booklets and started to do her homework. something about sang yue should be clear is that her concentration is top-notch. she could be reading about the most uninteresting thing yet somehow the voices around her will manage to drain out.

"sang yue you should drink the milk before it gets cold" jiaxu said startling the girl. "why are you so startled?" he asked with that stupid smile on his face.