Chase's Past Part 2

After what felt like a long walk, Chase has finally made it back to his "home". Unfortunately, the sun was already beginning to set and during that time, that's when his parents considered Chase to arrive home late. It was a medium sized, run down shack in the woods. Due to not having any sort of job or trying at least making single amounts of money, Chase's parents couldn't afford to live in better conditions.

"I'm home."

Chase softly greeted himself as he slowly opened the door, creaking until it was opened fully, revealing his parents' voices slowly rising. The roaring from his father and the cries and shouts from his mother was heard at the rundown kitchen of the shack.

His parents were arguing again.

This wasn't out of the ordinary, almost every night, Chase would hear his parents argue. Some were more violent and physical than others. Upon hearing the door close, Chase heard thundering footsteps come out of the kitchen opening to be greeted by a large German Shepherd dog with roughed up and greasy fur.

"You're late! Where have you been slacking off?" His father roared out, making Chase wince at the sound of his angry voice.

"I-I wasn't slacking off, I was only able to get this much." Chase said in his quiet voice and placed down the bottle in front of his father. The reaction of his father was more of an annoyed expression, then Chase's mother came from behind and saw the bottle standing and scoffed.

"That's all? That shopkeeper thinks he can cheat you out because you're just a soiled up mutt? How ridiculous."

"I-I'm sorry, mom. I'll buy a lot more tomorrow." Chase softly said.

"Just don't cut any corners!" His father yelled, making Chase wince once again.

"C-Can I please have something to eat?" Chase asked in his low voice, not wanting to make his parents more upset than they already were.

"Tch, you don't even work hard. But whatever, food in the fridge." His mother scoffed and Chase looked at the fridge which was unlocked. A hopeful look was expressed onto Chase as he slowly ran to the fridge.

Usually, as punishments, his parents would lock up the fridge, not allowing the young pup to eat. There would be times where Chase couldn't eat for one week. And sadly, this was one of those weeks.

This whole week, Chase couldn't eat due to his parents mostly eating the food or as punishment for not bringing enough money or bringing them whatever they wanted. Chase's stomach felt hollow and his lips were dry due to not drinking this whole day.

Chase grabbed the handle with his teeth and opened the door, and studied the inside of the fridge and his hopes were immediately crushed.

The entire fridge was empty. Nothing but a couple drops inside a milk carton,

"I...I thought you said we had food?" Chase softly questioned.

"Oh really? Well that's what you get for slacking off most of the day." His father said and walked out of the opening, leaving his mother there.

"Just go to bed already." His mother said bitterly but before she could leave, she turned to Chase once again.

"And don't even think about slacking off, or else you'll get a harsher punishment." His mother warned and gestured over to the wall and Chase looked to where she was pointing and shivered. A hanger with three belts hanging off of the wall. But one particular, middle belt stood out due to having blood stains on it.