Back With Humdinger

Chase was carrying Maya throughout the beach, glancing back, he saw Maya looking around the beach, a little surprised by how foggy this place was.

"I get why you guys call it Foggy Bottom now." She mentioned which made Chase chuckle.

"By the way, how's your paw?" He asked and Maya glanced at it as she lightly tapped Chase's fur with it.

"It's doing much better now." She grinned which now made Chase smile.

"I'm glad." He responded and suddenly stopped. Maya seemed confused until she looked ahead to see Chase standing in front of what looked like a door. But it blended in with the stone and had large cracks, representing the opening bit.

"Are we going to a secret lair?" She asked in a surprised and also excited tone with stars in her eyes which made Chase chuckle even more. Man, she really is adorable. He laughed in his mind.

"I guess you can call it that." He laughed and used his paw to knock on the door which suddenly began to open which earned a look of awe from Maya while Chase just smiled.

When the door fully opened, Chase looked ahead to see Helga looking through the doors, wondering who could possibly be knocking, but when she looked down at Chase, a happy smile quickly formed in her expression.

"Chase!" She cried in happiness as she wasted no time hugging the shepherd which earned a surprised "oof" from him, but he didn't complain at all as he happily hugged back.

"I missed you a lot." Chase happily said as he nuzzled back to the side of her cheek. While hugging him, Helga noticed the small pup riding on Chase's back.

"Oh? And who's this?" She asked as she stood up to study the blue German Shepherd on Chase's back.

"I'm Maya!" Maya sweetly introduced herself, "My big bro brought me here." Helga then looked at Chase with a bit of a surprised look.

"I didn't know you had a sister."

"Technically, she's not but she decided to call me big bro after I helped her out yesterday. But I'm not complaining." Chase answered which made Helga smile and look back at Maya.

"Aw, that's so sweet, and look how adorable you are," She complimented as she lightly patted the small pup's head, "Well, what brings the two of you here?" She asked as she faced Chase.

"Well I wanted to visit you guys right after I came back, but I got the flu," Chase nervously chuckled which earned surprised looks from the two girls.

"Really? Are you hurt? Are you feeling better?" She asked so quickly as she then pressed both of her hands against Chase's head and looked around, like how a mother would to their child.

"Haha, I'm feeling much better now. Still a tiny bit sick, but mostly better. Don't worry, I'm okay." He reassured which made both of them sigh with a smile in relief.

"Well, come on in then." She then led both of them inside.

"Arnold, you have a visitor!" She called from behind and Mayor Humdinger turned around in a little confusion before happiness spread across his face as he watched a familiar German Shepherd in a black hoodie walk up to him.

"Yo."

"You're back!" Humdinger happily said as he ran up and pulled Chase in for a hug, surprising the shepherd as he didn't expect him to hug him as he never had done it before. But he didn't complain and hugged back.

"It's great to see you again." He said back and now, the kittens came from behind and quickly hugged Chase which made him happy again and nuzzled each one of the kittens.