Walking Back To The Lookout

After what felt like about half-an hour, Chase was finally on the driveway to the Lookout. He was happy to make a new friend and a sister as well. He walked back to the Lookout with a smile on his face.

But then, he thought back to the house that she lived in and it kept bothering him this whole way as well. He just couldn't believe Maya could live in a place like that. It was sad to see. Someone like her should never live in those conditions, in all honesty, Chase thought she deserved more, she deserved a better life than him.

But, the German Shepherd made a promise to himself. He will make sure Maya get's the life she deserves, along with her sister. But his thoughts were brought out by some noises inside the Lookout which made him sigh. He didn't forget everything that happened and now felt like not walking inside, but he had to anyway.

As he approached the doors, he suddenly stopped to overhear the pups chatting. Chase walked to the side a little bit and peeked through the glass doors, seeing the pups sitting together. Their parents, nor Ryder and the other humans weren't seen in the room. He silently listened to their conversation.

"So, you guys don't have an idea what caused Chase to change?" The police pup heard Tundra ask.

Chase widened his eyes a little bit as he realized the pups were talking about him.

"Do you mean how he got more attractive?" Sweetie asked, now making herself, Gasket, Sylvia and Skye blush a little bit while getting tiny little blushes from Everest and Tundra.

"Well...no, not really." Rocky sadly sighed, earning sad frowns from everyone else. Even Chase himself frowned. They still haven't figured it out? Chase almost yelled in his mind with a sad but mostly angry tone.

"The only thing he said to me was a riddle." Rocky said which everyone knew, but then Everest spoke up.

"He said something to me...and Marshall." Everest spoke up which got looks from everyone.

Flash Back

"If that's the case, then I wanna ask you something?" He said back and Everest seemed a little surprised by the rebound, along with Marshall, but he listened in along with Everest, waiting for the question.

Chase glanced to the left a little bit, as if he was looking at something, or someone. It's as if he knew someone was listening to them. He mentally smirked as he knew that someone else will think about what he's about to ask Everest.

"What would you do if your family lied to you?" He asked, completely confusing Everest and Marshall.

Flash Back Ends

All of them stared at Marshall and Everest with somewhat of a surprised look.

"Why would he ask that?" Asked Sweetie and Everest and Marshall shrugged in confusion.

"Both of us have been thinking about it, but we can't seem to figure out what he means by that." Marshall admitted.

"He said something to me too." Rubble spoke up.

Flash Back

"How much do you eat?" He asked, now confusing Rubble.

"Uh, I eat a lot. Is that what you wanted to ask me?" Rubble asked back.

"No, no." Chase said and went to his thoughts, trying to come up with a more elaborated question.

"Let's put it this way, how much do you have to consume or deal with, until it's enough for you?" The German Shepherd corrected. Now that was a question that Rubble found a hard time answering since he never had problems with being too full. There have been times, but minutes after, he'd want to eat again.