Past Returns With Jamison

Chase couldn't believe his eyes. Jamison. The one of the few people he never wanted to see again...he was standing right there. After all these years, this is how they meet again? The pups watched as Chase's facial expression of being in shock slowly turned into rage and began growling which shocked everyone.

"Chase, what's wrong?" Ryder asked as he slowly moved his hand away from Chase's back in a little bit of fear.

"You." Chase growled while staring at Jamison, who just stood there in shock and disbelief.

"GET OUT!" Chase roared, earning gasps from everyone else except Jamison who winced at his loud, angry voice.

"Chase, calm down-!" Ryder tried, but Chase continued to yell towards Jamison.

"GET OUTTA HERE! I NEVER WANNA SEE YOU AGAIN! AND IF I DO, I'LL TEAR YOU APART!" Chase threatened which left the pups, parents and Ryder speechless. They never heard Chase yell like that to anyone before, much less threaten them like that. The raging look from Chase struck some sort of fear into the pups, since they've never seen Chase this angry before.

"C-Chase, look I can...I can explain." Jamison stuttered but Chase didn't allow him to talk.

"Shut it! I heard everything and you made that very clear to me! You only wanted to use me for money!" Chase screamed, now everyone else was confused aside from Jamison and Chase. Jamison tried to open his mouth, but nothing came out and Chase had an angry smirk on his face.

"Nothing to say, huh!? Yeah, that's what I thought!" Chase angrily chuckled.

"Get out. I never wanna see you again." Chase growled, holding back the anger. He felt like he could attack him and make him pay for everything he's done.

"O-Okay, I'm leaving." Jamison said as he slowly got up and carefully walked past Chase and Ryder who kept his fair distance from them and sadly walked back to his truck and drove off. Everyone looked from the truck driving off to Chase. Ryder gave him a look of worry as an idea hit him as Chase began walking past Ryder and began making his way towards his pup-house.

"Chase." Ryder calmly called out and Chase stopped, not bothering to look back at Ryder, the pups and their parents looked at Chase with worry as they stood behind Ryder.

"Is he...?" Ryder trailed off, knowing that Chase would know who he was referring to. Chase didn't say a word nor gave a single sort of nod, but just walked off and walked inside his pup-house. Needless to say, Ryder got his answer and sadly sighed as he looked back at the dogs who were still in a state of shock.

"Guess I'll have to explain this, huh?" Ryder sadly chuckled.

A few minutes later

"Wait, so let me get this straight. That delivery man used to be Chase's owner and he abandoned him in Adventure City?" Edan asked, making sure he heard the explanation right.

"Yeah, I just didn't expect to meet him here." Ryder sighed. And the pups were in a state of shock. They knew that Chase was abandoned in the city by his previous owner, but they were also shocked to meet that owner here. The parents were all out confused and also felt sad for the poor German Shepherd. Being confronted by the owner who abandoned you.

"But, why would he abandon him, though?" Kushina asked in a hint of sadness and also a bit of anger. Ryder softly bit his lip, wondering if it was a good idea to tell them.

"Look, I feel like it's something that only Chase should tell you." Ryder said as he stood up and left the room for the pups to think. Skye was the one who decided to give it the most thought and got up from her spot and began walking out of the door.

"Where are you going, dear?" Axel asked her daughter and Skye turned towards her parents.

"I'm gonna visit Chase, I wanna see if he's doing okay." Skye said and left the doors and Axel and Daisy looked at each other. Neither of them knew how to feel, letting their daughter talk to the German Shepherd. They weren't that fond of him right now, despite not knowing him, but they decided to leave them alone for a while.

With Chase

I can't believe it! He thinks he can show his face again and try to explain things!? UGH! Chase mentally screamed in his mind. He wanted nothing more, but to punch something really hard. But he didn't regret what he said to him. He was a traitor. He trusted him to be his owner and he abandoned him for a sales pitch.

Suddenly, Chase heard a knock on the door.

"Who is it!?" Chase groaned, making sure his anger and annoyance was noticeable in his voice.

"It's me...Skye." Skye answered and Chase calmed down for a second. He took a couple of breaths.

"What do you want?" Chase asked through the door and Skye seemed hesitant to respond.

"Um, I...I wanted to...to see if you're doing okay." Skye said quietly.

"I'm fine, just leave me alone." Chase said, not forgetting about the conversation she had with the other pups. He didn't want to talk to anyone right now, he just wanted to be left alone.

Skye slowly stepped back from Chase's door and sadly looked at the ground and walked back inside as the others got a clue that the talk didn't go well.

The image of Chase's face when he yelled at Jamison made them wince. The anger and rage that was displayed was indescribable. Ryder walked back into the room as they saw the pups in the same position they were at.

"Tomorrow, we'll be leaving for Adventure City. So...get some sleep." Ryder said and all of the pups nodded as they went to sleep.

Everyone had trouble sleeping tonight, due to what went down. But Chase had the most trouble sleeping as nothing filled him but anger and confusion. The pups and their parents also had trouble sleeping since they were worried about the German Shepherd. But soon, everyone fell asleep except for Chase. He was awake for a while until he finally sighed.

It doesn't matter. He's gone now.

Chase thought and relaxed his body and eventually fell asleep.