Heart Break

Chase slowly woke up. As usual, he's the first pup up. He yawned and slowly turned his eyes to the clock and it read:

6:30 AM

Chase sighed and wondered if he should've woken up the pups. They did come back pretty late, they'd probably like to sleep in more. Chase opened the door and heard someone yawning, he looked at the side and saw Ryder walking out of the door with his pajamas on, stretching.

"Morning, Ryder sir." Chase greeted and walked over to his owner and Ryder smiled at the sight of the German Shepherd and kneeled down to pet him.

"Morning Chase, how're ya' buddy?" Ryder asked

"I'm doing good, Ryder sir. Do you need me to wake the pups?" Chase asked and Ryder stood up and looked around the pup-houses in sight.

"Hm...well, let them sleep a little more. We did come in pretty late yesterday." Ryder decided.

"I was kind of thinking the same thing." Chase nervously chuckled.

"When should I wake them up?" Chase asked

"Uh...," Ryder looked up at the sky and looked back at Chase, "How about seven? Does that sound good?" Ryder asked and Chase grinned at him.

"No problem! Seven is good!" Chase agreed and then Ryder patted Chase's head.

"What a good pup." Ryder said.

7:00 AM

Chase spent his time in the Lookout, watching a little bit of TV and kept track of the time. When he checked it, Chase smiled and wore his pup-pack and went outside.

"Ruff! Mega-phone!"

Chase barked out and his mega-phone came out in front of him.

"MORNING, PUPS!"

Chase called and silence quickly filled the air for the first few seconds until he heard multiple doors open and groans following them.

"Dude, I sweaw, if there's one thing I didn't miss, it's that stupid mega-phone." Zuma growled, rubbing his eyes, making Chase gulp a little bit.

"Ugh. Man, why couldn't you wake us up later?" Marshall whined a little bit, and Chase was about to answer but Rubble beat him to it.

"Meh, because he doesn't understand that we're tired. He always slept in." Rubble said, slightly glaring at Chase.

"Morning everyone." Everest said politely with Skye walking beside her who was rubbing her eyes.

"Ryder is making breakfast now, y-you guys can go eat." Chase said with a weak grin but the pups ignored it.

"FOOD!" Rubble cheered and dashed inside, being followed by the other pups, leaving Chase and Marshall behind.

Marshall turned to Chase with a weak cheerful smile.

"Hey, they're just really tired. They'll forget about it." Marshall tried to cheer him up, but Chase grinned at him.

"Yeah, I know." Chase said and Marshall walked off, leaving Chase behind.

"I know." Chase whispered to himself and followed behind Marshall.

Inside The Lookout

The pups were eating their food and Ryder came in.

"Morning pups." He greeted.

"Morning Ryder!" All of them returned, Ryder smiled at them and poured some cereal for himself.

"So, are we gonna do any missions today?" Rocky asked.