New Act

Chase quickly dashed back to the Lookout and looked around, seeing that the doors were still closed, Chase figured that they were still asleep. Chase walked inside his pup-house and placed on his pup-pack and walked out again.

"Ruff! Megaphone!" Chase barked out and his megaphone came out, then Chase stalled for a second. He was second guessing whether he should wake up the pups right now. He looked at his megaphone for a second and barked again, putting the megaphone away. He then walked up to Skye's house first.

With Skye

Skye was slowly woken up by the sound of light knocking on her door. She rubbed her eyes and yawned:

"Who's there?" She asked.

"It's me, Chase. Um, it's time to wake up."

When she heard his voice, Skye's eyes quickly widened and she was now woken up. She opened the door and revealed Chase, standing there with a blank face.

"Morning." Chase said with a grin.

"U-Uh, good morning. Where were you?" Skye asked and Chase looked at her in confusion.

"Huh? What do you mean?" Chase asked and Skye wanted to open her mouth and speak, but for some reason, nothing came out. After a couple seconds of silence, and no response, Chase walked past her and to Zuma's pup-house.

"C'mon, let's go wake the others." Chase said in a quiet tone with a smile as he didn't want to be loud to wake the others. Skye just stared at him, but followed him anyway.

Chase and Skye walked up to Zuma's pup-house and Chase knocked.

"Yo, Zuma? It's Chase. Time to get up." Chase said lightly and both of them heard Zuma move around a little bit and open the door. Skye then saw Zuma's face look at Chase with a tired look of surprise.

"C-Chase?" Zuma asked and Chase only smiled at him and walked to Rocky, then Rubble, then Marshall and finally Everest.

The pups were surprised this morning. First, Chase didn't wake them up on time, then they found him missing from his pup-house and now here he was, waking them up...WITHOUT THE MEGAPHONE.

After waking up Everest, everyone began walking inside the Lookout to eat breakfast, but all of them kept glancing back and forth to Chase.

"Hey, bro?" Marshall began as he walked up next to Chase.

"Hey man." Chase greeted him.

"So, where were you this morning?" Marshall asked and Chase also looked at him with confusion.

"What do you mean?" Chase asked again.

"We didn't find you in your pup-house this morning." Rubble mentioned and Chase realized what they were talking about.

"Ooooooh, that," Chase remembered and chuckled, "yeah, I was taking a morning walk, that's all." Chase lied and the pups looked at each other for a second and back at Chase. It was unusual for Chase to not wake them up early, even if he was going for a morning walk. But, the pups decided not to complain since they've gotten more sleep.

"Whatever, let's get breakfast!" Rubble cheered and all of the pups laughed and walked inside the Lookout to see Ryder preparing breakfast for them.

"Oh, morning pups." Ryder greeted.

"Morning Ryder!" All of them greeted each other and dug into their breakfast. While they were eating, Skye kept sneaking glances towards Chase. For some reason, she couldn't get her mind off of him. Even though this was one time, it was also the first. Skye looked back down at her half-eaten food and mentally gasped. I forgot to apologize to him! Skye mentally yelled and looked at Chase once again, casually eating like nothing had ever happened.

Skye then felt a light push on her left leg and turned to see Everest, looking at her.

"After would be a good time." Everest said, knowing what her best friend was thinking and Skye smiled at her and nodded. Both girls then heard a noise and everyone else looked over and laughed to see Rubble gobbling down his food like a monster. Every meal, Rubble would be the first one to always finish his food. Skye then turned back to Everest and whispered over to her:

"Yeah, I think once he finishes, I'll-"

"Done."

The pups turned to Chase and they were all surprised to see his bowl empty. Rubble had the most shocked expression out of all. Chase picked up his bowl with his mouth and carried it near the sink by Ryder and placed it next to the sink. Even Ryder seemed a bit surprised.

"Finished already, huh?" Ryder laughed and so did Chase.

"Hehe, guess I kind of got an apatite." And Ryder patted Chase on his head. The pups just stared at Chase with a surprised look. Normally, Rubble was ALWAYS the first one to finish his food, he might hold a world record for world's fastest eater and now, Chase was the first one to finish this time before Rubble. That's saying something.

"Anyways, I'll be in my pup-house." Chase said and walked off.

"Wow, he finished before you, Rubble." Rocky pointed out and looked at Rubble who still had a shocked expression on his face.

"Yeah...he did." Rubble agreed.

Skye panicked a little bit as the pups went back to eating. Quickly Everest, Rubble and Skye finished their breakfast and all of them placed their bowls near the sink, next to Chase's. Rubble went to sit on the bean bags and watch Apollo while Skye went outside and saw Chase walking towards his pup-house.

"Chase!"

Chase turned around and saw Skye running up to him with Everest following behind.

"Oh, hey Skye. Hey Everest. What's up?" He greeted them and needless to say, Everest was a bit surprised. Chase would normally stutter if Skye even said "Hi" to him. Of course, the pups knew that Chase had a crush on Skye and it was really obvious, but now, he was just talking to her casually, which was also a bit of a change. Skye noticed that bit too, but quickly ignored it and spoke up:

"Hey, um...I just wanted to say sorry to you." Skye apologized and Chase looked at her with a confused expression.

"Huh? Sorry for what?" Chase asked in somewhat of a worried and confused tone.

"For yelling at you before I left. About fixing my helicopter." Skye reminded him.

"Oh. That? No, no, it's okay Skye. You don't need to apologize for that." Chase said with a nervous laugh.

"No, I should. It wasn't your fault you didn't know, I shouldn't have blamed you for that." Skye said and Chase sighed.

"Skye, really, it's okay. Honestly, I probably should've asked where they were first, but I didn't. So it doesn't really matter." Chase said with a cheerful smile and both Skye and Everest looked at each other and back at Chase. Awkward silence filled the air between the three.

"Anyways, I'm gonna head inside my pup-house now." Chase nervously said and opened his door.

"Uh, okay. But don't forget about tonight." Everest said and Chase looked at her in confusion.

"Why? What's happening tonight?" Chase asked.

"We're having a campfire tonight outside the Lookout. I mean, you'll be there, right?" Skye asked and Chase just looked at the two and shrugged.

"Yeah, of course." Chase grinned and walked inside and closed the door, leaving Skye and Everest outside. Tch, it's not like any of you would care  Chase thought with some anger.

Skye looked at the door with a bit of a worried look on her face, she wanted to knock on Chase's door again but decided against it and walked back inside with Everest.