Planned Hangout? Or Not.

Chase hung out inside his pup-house, he was fidgeting his necklace as he just kept staring at the logo.

Flash Back

"No. Thank you. I have to admit, Chase. You're special."

Flash Back Ends

Chase smiled as he kept staring at the necklace. That was a sentence that could never be erased from his memory. Wonder how Mayor Humdinger is doing? Chase wondered and was surprised by what he just thought. Of course, Chase did remember he's on good terms with Mayor Humdinger so far, but as far as being friends was still surprising to him. But Chase didn't complain though, he even thinks he may be starting a friendship with Helga Humdinger now.

Chase's thoughts were then interrupted by knocking on the door and Chase mentally sighed as he guessed that it was one of the pups. Chase opened the door and saw Zuma standing out there.

"Oh, what's up Zuma?" Chase asked and Zuma was looking around like he was trying to pick the right words to say like he's meeting someone new.

"Hey man, h-how're you doing?" Zuma asked and Chase gave Zuma a look of confusion. Zuma wouldn't normally just ask how the pups were doing unless he needed a favor.

"Alright, Zuma. Spill it." Chase said, catching Zuma off guard.

"W-Wha-?" Zuma asked dumbfounded.

"C'mon, man. We both know you wouldn't come ask me how I was doing unless you needed a favor." Chase deadpanned. Zuma looked at Chase with a blank face.

"Yeah. But no, I actually wanna ask If you wanna hang out with me and Wocky latew." Zuma suggested and Chase, once again, gave Zuma a look of confusion.

"What? Why're you asking me?" Chase asked. Again, this was new to him, he wasn't normally invited to hangouts. Zuma fell silent and gave Chase a weak grin.

"Uh, no weason, just we haven't hung out in a while and-"

"No thanks."

Zuma stared at Chase with wide eyes, like he wasn't expecting that sort of response.

"Wait, what?" He said in a surprised tone.

"I'm good. You and Rocky can hang out today." Chase politely denied and Zuma stared at him with somewhat of a worried look.

"A-Are you suwe?" Zuma asked and Chase gave him a smile.

"Yeah, I'm sure." Chase reassured and closed his door.

Zuma was walking to Rocky who was organizing the recycle near his pup-house and Rocky noticed his best friend walking to him.

"Hey! So what did he say?" Rocky asked and noticed Zuma's surprised and kind of a sad expression, at that point, Rocky knew what his response was.

"He...denied it." Zuma said and both best friends fell into silence.

"I don't get it," Rocky began and Zuma looked up to Rocky. "It's like he's becoming someone new. I wonder what happened." Rocky said and now both Rocky and Zuma were surprised a little bit since they didn't really show any worry towards Chase. They knew Chase was strong enough to take care of himself and of course, their little dislike towards him added onto that.

"Maybe it's just fow today." Zuma offered and Rocky stood up.

"You mean, he's just not in the best of moods today?" Rocky asked and Zuma nodded.

Inside The Lookout

Skye and Everest were watching Marshall and Rubble play pup-pup boogie together. Everest was looking up at the scores and looked next to Skye who seemed to be lost in thought.

"Hey." Everest lightly shrugged her leg, catching Skye's attention.

"Huh?" Skye said.

"Are you okay? You seem a little down." Everest pointed out in a concerned tone, but made sure to keep quiet so Marshall and Rubble wouldn't hear them.

"N-No, I'm fine." Skye lied, of course Everest could tell she was bothered and she already has a guess as to why but decided not to push her and let Skye be in her mind for some time.

Of course, Skye was thinking about Chase and she was surprised at how much she was thinking about him. Of course, what happened this morning didn't bother Skye or made her upset, but made her wonder. First, Chase was the last one to wake up, now he looks a lot more different and he didn't finish his breakfast and gave the rest to Rubble and now he's not even hanging out with them.

Skye then got up from her spot and turned to Everest and was about to say something until Rocky and Zuma walked in and Marshall and Rubble finished their game.

"Man, I'm tired after that long game. You guys wanna hang outside?" Marshall asked and everybody looked at each and smiled.

"Sure!" They all agreed.

With Chase

Chase was still lying in his pup-house, and of course, he lied about what he said to Zuma about why he didn't want to hang out with them. I'm not gonna give them the satisfaction. Maybe then they'll understand how I feel Chase thought and decided that he just needed to go for a walk, it's something that can clear his mind for a little bit.

Chase opened the door and looked ahead to see the pups playing catch and having fun. Chase ignored them and began walking down the road until he got called out.

"Hey, Chase!"

Chase turned to his left to see all of the pups staring blankly at Chase.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Where are you going?" Rubble asked and Chase looked at him in confusion.

"Uh, for a walk? Why?" Chase said and the pups began getting nervous and were hoping that Chase wouldn't ask them to go with him, but after a couple seconds of silence, Chase turned his attention back to the road and kept on walking and the pups were surprised that Chase hadn't said anything yet.

"Hold on!"

Chase groaned as he turned back to the pups and needless to say they were surprised a little bit by that reaction, it was like he was annoyed with them. Rocky hesitated on saying this, but he felt like he needed to.

"Aren't you...gonna ask us to come with you?" Rocky asked, and he felt like it was a stupid question to ask and Chase looked at him in confusion.

"No? Why should I?" Chase almost hissed with a confused glare and the pups were even more surprised now. Chase calmed down and then, a smirk appeared on his face.

"Hehe. C'mon guys, I know you don't wanna go," Chase said and the pups looked at each other with worry and then back at Chase, "I'll be, no need to worry." Chase said and began walking off, feeling the pups sad stares at him from behind, but he silently growled in a little hint of anger.

It's not like you'd worry anyway Chase thought and focused back on his walk.